[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College/University Degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: college.png (222KB, 475x328px) Image search: [Google]
college.png
222KB, 475x328px
Hey /adv/, I need some help deciding where to go to college. I've currently got a few options, and I'm wondering what you all think is the best idea:

1. Go to a top 40 public college in state for around $10k/year
2. Go to a top 150 public college out of state with a scholarship that waives all tuition and mandatory fees and pays me around $11k for housing and whatever else I need
3. Go to an easy meme school out of state for a currently undetermined amount (<$10k/year, though) which a friend attends
4. Go to an international school with little to no expected expenses
5. Some other great idea I'm sure you'll have

Basically, I'm wondering how true the "a degree is a degree" meme is. If it matters, I'll be going into STEM.
>>
>>16790907
>> I'll be going into STEM

And another one bites the dust.
>>
>>16790912
Probably, but it's the only subject area which I can even tolerate. I'd definitely kill myself if I tried to do anything else.
>>
>>16790920
You seem set on college, but with no idea beyond that - suggesting that attending university is a matter of inertia for you as the "logical" thing to do after high school.

If you're not enthused by studying in any particular context, you're unlikely to find that field's work life any more appealing, so you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of unfulfilment punching the clock in a job you hate.

Try thinking about other career options. These days white collar workers face high stress, not great pay considering the hours worked, and the permanent threat of outsourcing. If you develop skills in a physical trade such as carpentry or woodwork, you'll probably end up making more money in a much less stressful and more congenial workplace environment, in a sector where employers are desperate to find workers and job security is sure to remain high for the whole of your career.
>>
>>16790925
I'm going to hate working regardless of what I do, so I'm going to college in order to ensure that I can actually earn a decent salary for selling the best years of my life to a faceless corporation.
>>
>>16790925
FUCKING CHRIST ILL GO BE A CARPENTER NOW ARE YOU HAPPY?
>>
>>16791333
You're making a wise decision
>>
2. Just go where you get free college. Which school is it? 11k for housing and free tuition is huge
>>
>>16791333
sick trips m8
>>
Either 2 or 4. 2 because free education is awesome, 4 because travel abroad is fucking awesome.
>>
File: counting money.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
counting money.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
>>16791183
>thinks college degree guarantees a decent salary
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>16791333
> carpenter
Now THIS is god tier thinking. The carpenters I know are all driving Lexuses and are neck deep in hot and cold running pussy. Good choice bro.
>>
>>16791404
Thank you
>>
>>16791472
The McDonald's cashiers I know are driving mercedes and underwater in hot, cold and lukewarm variations of female genetalia.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.