[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ Please tell me if it's a bad decision to email

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: wojak.jpg (45KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
45KB, 648x595px
Hi /adv/

Please tell me if it's a bad decision to email the girl like. I will provide context to avoid any impulsive conclusions:

>work in an office complex in central NY
>a girl from another company on the floor above enters 2-3 times a day to print things off or make coffee
>she asks me a question one time and I really notice her
>she smiles when asking the Q but I dismiss it as formal pleasantry
>she seems pretty quiet and is very beautiful to me but not a sort of minx everyone gets the hots for
>google her name and find out we're both into the same kind of music etc
>develop strong feelings towards her
>I'm pretty quiet and for whatever reason (I don't think it's just plain shyness) I act aloof and indifferent when she's there
>can't really make conversation as it's a small office and everybody would notice and hear
>she's likely from an upper-middle class background and a top college which also discourages me from thinking I have a shot
>she hasn't been in work for two weeks
>overhear a conversation her boss was having today which implied they are moving offices very soon (maybe this week)

I have written a draft of the email I am intending to send. If anybody is willing to give advice etc I'll post it in this thread.

PLEASE RESPOND.
>>
>>16790821
It's a great idea. What's worked for me in the past is being 100% honest about my feelings in a seemingly nonthreatening email. I described the things I wanted to do with her (take her to the mall, dress her up very pretty, make love to her by candlelight) and it worked amazing. We are still together today.
>>
>>16790842
Please don't troll me. I realize I'm inviting it but I am looking for honest advice here. This means a lot to me.
>>
Do it in person or not at all.

The email is going to fail terribly. And they have a paper trail. If you think that people overhearing is bad, imagine her forwarding the email to people you work with. Imagine your boss asking you why you are asking people out at work and why he received a complaint about you stalking someone.
>>
>>16790851
I am strongly convinced that this girl wouldn't do that. She may show one of two of her colleagues, though I don't think she'd send it to my boss. Also the chance of doing it in person has passed. It's email or a life of regret.
>>
Bumping

Please respond if you're lurking.
>>
>>16790860
"A life of regret?" Please, you don't even know this person. Your feelings are entirely based on what you imagine her to be, not who she really is. All she would ever be for you is a disappointment and why would she ever want to be with someone like that. Find someone else and don't wait so long to ask them on a date and get to know them next time.
>>
>>16790821
Kek, it's creepy and given the fact there's nothing really between you two, also useless.
>>
>>16790880
>>16790885
This is so depressing.
>>
>>16790933
what are you bumping for? We told you it's a bad idea, there's nothing else left to say

It's your own fault for being spergy earlier and not making a move when you had an opportunity
>>
>>16790936
Hoping for a contrasting opinion
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 516x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 516x345px
>>16790953
Do it you fucking pussy
Email it
Chances are she is not going to read it
She will respond
She will giv you succ
Either way you prob should move on, just send it so you dont have that nervous feel to send it
>>
Just tell her in person. Remember that you are having tunnel vision.
She's a person like everyone and you can treat her like a normal person. Don't hit her up like you want to go from null to girlfriend. More like escalating from null, talking, more taking, liking, friendship, girlfriend. Not natively English here
>>
>>16790964
But you haven't read the email to encourage that. It may be full of spaghetti and autism, or at least more spaghetti and autism than it otherwise should have.
>>
>>16790967
Impossible. As states in the OP they are moving offices and aren't around any more.
>>
File: 1415160673124s.jpg (10KB, 195x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415160673124s.jpg
10KB, 195x250px
>>16790967
>draft of the email

"hey so I heard you might be leaving?"

wait for answer

"cool, cool - listen this is a bit randomn and like no pressure, but if you ever fancy a drink some time I know bar X which is pretty cool"

Wait for response

Follow up with contact deets.

Its that simple. If you cant bare rejection, then you don't deserve to make progress.
>>
>>16790964
Good riddance with giving autistic OP high hopes

Anyway Op I think your window of opportunity has closed. I was a girl in a similar situation, a guy I knew from work confessed to me in a very long text message....All I can say that it was awkward and embarassing to me. I liked him before but because he didnt try to ask me out or anything I moved on and then he sent me this text and I just felt kinda weirded out by it desu

let it be lesson for you to make a move normal way ei. by flirting and asking girl out when she's around
>>
>>16790975
Far too casual considering there has never been a conversation beyond a brief question regarding stationary. Can't just email somebody you've never properly spoken to with "hey how's it going!", especially if you are an otherwise quiet individual.
>>
>>16790979
How can that happen? From being curious and attracted to someone to thinking they're weird and awkward?
>>
Post the draft of the email bro.
>>
>>16790984
well you know when someone sends you foot long love confession but ignores you or acts aloof when you speak face to face for half of a year you kinda assume there's something off with that person

I get being shy and all but thats just autistic. In my case this guy had plenty of occasions to ask me out and get to know me and he didn't use it but then out of blue he sends me text saying how he wants to get to know me and how he thinks i'm wonderful. So I assume he either got very thirsty or is somewhere on creep spectrum

normal person would try to get to know me when I was around and willing to chat not go into dramatic messages and all
>>
>>16790992
What if the guy hadn't had many opportunities to do so?

But I get what you mean and I suppose my hesitance here is due to the fact that I know this can't go well and will likely result in me feeling extremely euphoric (for lack of a better word) for like ten minutes before realizing what I've done and regretting it. But really this isn't just a person who is replaceable and just another fish in the proverbial sea. I realize me saying that is a consequence of assumptions I've made but still I've made assumptions about other people and never felt this way previously. I realize I seem autistic and though I may not be very sociable and so on I'm also a pretty good judge of character and am not naive to the varying perspectives of those around me and subtle cues etc. This is going to haunt me I just know it.
>>
>>16790992
Also what do you mean by "off"?

Like creepy or just depressed or something?

Providing they make it clear in a non-foot long message that they realize it may be strange to contact them, and isn't saying like "wanna meet up at my place tonight lol" would it be in any way non-autistic / creepy to send it.
>>
>>16791004
stop being a creepy fuck and talk next time
>>
>>16791009
>next time

But there won't be. I'm not willing, at the moment at least. to register another regret and failure on my part and continue with the vague optimism that there will be a next time. I know you're thinking practically and so on but it really is saddening.
>>
>>16790981
I was saying SAY IT WITH YOUR MOUTH.

I await your counter.
>>
OP here. I'm literally going to be lurking for at least the next six hours so please do post your thoughts and advice.
>>
>>16791024

OP post the email. We will give you criticism on where you can improve.
>>
>>16791023
Impossible as stated in the OP. They are leaving and aren't around any more.
>>
>>16790975
I'm with this op if you have to send and email and not find a way to find her in the office before they move which would be best be casual in your asking. I'd say this, "Hey I'm anon we talked a little bit in the office a while back, I'd like to get to know you and take you for coffee or a movie sometime. "
>>
>>16790981
Casual is always better then forced overly invested bs in all ways
>>
>>16791029
Ok but please articulate your ridicule rather than just accusing me of being autistic.
Dear X,

I notice that your company has moved offices and wanted (despite being aware that doing so might be perceived as strange) to wish you good luck for the future.

I realized we've never had a conversation that may have warranted this email and that the impression you may have of me if any is as a sort of humorless mute, but I hope you don't take too much offense at me communicating this way.
Best wishes,
Anon (from Company Y)
>>
>>16790970
Is there no one in the office who you are okay with and maybe has get number?
>>
File: sonic asperation.jpg (46KB, 548x690px) Image search: [Google]
sonic asperation.jpg
46KB, 548x690px
>>16791032
Shit sorry.

God I really don't know. I'd find out where the company went with google - then like call her up on listed number. And be like hey remember me.

Then 'I was going to ask you out for a drink? whatcha say?"

I have never tried this though anon - you'd be flying solo and without a spotter.

But iisnt that the true nature of being alpha male?
>>
>>16791047
Nope. Totally separate companies, with no communication between the two other than a hello in passing.

>>16791048
You're trying to trick me into going to prison. But thanks for your previous posts anyway.
>>
>>16791046
holy fucjk no
>>
>>16791046
Don't apologize say hey this is anon we talked a little bit in the office I heard you were moving to other work and wanted to wish you luck. Sorry it worked out that I had to say this in email and not in person.
>>
>>16791054
Also say you'd like to get coffee or drinks or whatever activity sometime
>>
>>16791054
But we didn't talk, it was like two questions asked on separate occasions in December. I think the "sorry it worked out" is too familiar and would appear insincere coming from me, and also sounds like I'm blaming the situation rather than myself.
>>
>>16791053
Could you at least articulate why you feel so strongly against the idea?
>>
File: 1452780151175.jpg (74KB, 691x780px) Image search: [Google]
1452780151175.jpg
74KB, 691x780px
>>16791046
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too formal

Dear X,

This might seem a bit random, but I'm the boy from downstairs a y company. I was going to ask you out for a drink but your colleague told me your company has moved office! Anyway, its cool if not, but do you fancy grabbing a mojito at XX bar sometime?

Anon

(id find a way to fit in a compliment / reson why your asking her out - but really you're doing this on the basis of wanting to fuck her / stalking her interest and its hard to translate that)
>>
>>16791004
yeah but you had some opportunities and you acted aloof instead. Also how do you know your admittedly creepy email won't haunt the girl? Like come on. I still cringe whenever I remeber that guy and his text.. Like I said just learn to let go and next time actually make a move

>>16791008
Both creepy and depressing and while i obviosuly can't speak for all girls, most girls would find Op's action pretty creepy and weird too. Just imagine that you know this guy from work from time to time and he acts distant towards you and not really interested. and then out of blue he sends you an email (no matter the content really). so first he kinda ignores you and then tries to worm his way into your life. So yea most girls would assume that the guy got very thirsty or that hes a spaz who ponders for a long time if he should ask you out or not (and does it when you are basically gone)

OPs grave mistake was that he didnt take an action when she was still around and asking him questions or chatting whatever. now he tries desperately to gain something and desu shell realise he does it now and not before because of some self esteem issues or whatever. I'm almost 100 percent sure it wont work out the way op wants it to
>>
>>16791063
There has to be a degree of formality here. Coming of as uncharacteristically optimistic or "fun" would be suspicious and false on my part. Also I never use exclamation marks and would never invite someone for a mojito, it's just not that sort of context. Also my intentions are pure and are not influenced by lust.
>>
>>16791052
Well then maybe emailing is a good (because only) way. You just have to figure out, what to text. Maybe something like "heard that your company will go away, you too then right? Wanna stay in touch?/Wanna meet up with me sometime?"
>>
>>16791046
I'm a girl and I would find this mildly disturbing; the serious language and the fact that you write to me for no reason - because honestly, why would I care about your good luck wishes at that point? You do sound autistic, sorry.

>>16791063
Is flippant but a bit better. Still from what I gather you didn't really have many interactions with her, so she might perceive you as some stranger she was nice to and might be surprised by your suggestion. Did she give you her email or did you find it?
>>
>>16791076
Stay in touch presumes too much already.

>>16791064
This seems like the most logical advice but really this is heartbreaking.
>>
>>16791080
but why is it heartbreaking when you just said your intentions are pure?? it's not like you are gonna become her best friend forever. She will know the moment she reads that email that you are getting in touch because you will want to fuck her eventually. you write basically with no reason and just the content is stiff and autistic.... just spare her and yourself embarassement and let it go

idk i see that many anons suggest you go for it but personally if I were you I would rather avoid humilitation.
>>
>>16791097
Ok this seems best. I will do so.
>>
File: ogod.gif (363KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
ogod.gif
363KB, 200x199px
>>16791046
Holy fuck

First of all, you deprecate yourself like 4 times in the email. Don't do that. Who wants to date a self-described fucking loser/strange/humourless.

Just write "Hey! I heard you're moving offices from xxx! But I always wanted to get to know you better. Want to do drinks?"
>>
>>16791112
I was trying to be humorous with the mute thing, to show I'm not actually humorless and possess a degree of self-awareness about my disposition and so on. Also from this thread I gather that I'm autistic and should just accept that I've fucked up beyond saving.
>>
>>16791117
Don't ever be negative about yourself in an introduction email. For work, social, anything. Why would you ever give a person a reason to think negatively of you, even as a joke? Plus, it only works well as humor if they already know you (and therefore think it's funny because they know you're not like that).
>>
>>16791046
Self-deprecating humour miiiight be charming if you guys had actually had a conversation before. But as it is, it just sounds creepy.

Please just do what >>1679111 wrote for the love of god.
>>
>>16791117
Even if you are autistic that doesn't mean you can't learn, early intervention programs are all about that
>>
This thread saddens me.
>>
OP here. I'm still browsing and would appreciate any further thoughts or advice about this.

Considering this could be a major turning point in my life for the better I want to receive as much guidance as possible
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.