[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to decide if I should take up fencing. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

So I'm trying to decide if I should take up fencing. I have wanted to do it for a while but my issue is that the closest place to me is an hour away and I have a shitty car for gas. I can get my equipment no problem but classes seem expensive and also I don't want to be an adult surrounded by kids
>>
Man, if it interests you, give it a shot.
I do historical fencing (basically, we use rapiers and daggers and whatnot instead of foils) and it's fun on a bun.
Expensive, but a neat hobby.

See if there's any closer options or if you've got any friends already involved, then take the plunge if you're curious and can afford it.
>>
>>16789535
I live in piss shit nowhere so that's kinda my only option and I prefer modern fencing for its speed
>>
File: 1454742841521.jpg (43KB, 576x386px) Image search: [Google]
1454742841521.jpg
43KB, 576x386px
>>16789599
Also
>>
It can be expensive, yeah, depending on what fencing academies you have access to. Sounds like you're in a pretty shitty spot for it. If you buy your own gear, though (which is a one-time investment), and either make friends who are into it or take it up at the same time as one of your friends does, all you need to practice is a piece of chalk to draw a rough fencing strip on the pavement.

It's pretty much just up to you, dude. I can tell you it's an absolute fucking blast, almost from the first day, and phenomenal exercise if you do it a few times weekly (as long as you're doing the footwork correctly; you have to really bend your knees.) There's way worse things to spend your time and money on.
>>
Who gives a shit.

Go to your gym and lift weights.
>>
>>16789618
So the deal is its a one day per week class so I can go do that. The intro class Is in a few weeks so I'm going to try that
>>16789763
Already do
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.