[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (54KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 500x284px
I'm an 18 year old who goes to highscool

I know how to speak to people and make good impressions, but I feel like almost everyone I consider a friend sees me as an acquaintance rather then friend.

Almost every time I'm the one saying hello and asking how are you doing and starting conversations. But never back at me

The people that have stuck closer I feel we are starting to slowly drift apart, we were a lot closer but I see my best friend more on his phone, and the lunch times we eat together there is lots of awkward silence

Whenever I give out my phone number it always seems to "loose it" or their "busy".

As more time is pressing on I'm starting to feel more lonely I have a loving family and they are wonderful, but sometimes I want to spend time with friends. You can't talk about everything with family members on stuff you like but don't get

I'm graduating in 4 months and I'm sure the people I know I'm probably never going to see again.

I only see friends at school and attempts to hang out after school have failed.

I don't have any friends online.

I am not suicidal
I am not depressed
I am just a little lonely

Am I at fault here? I don't know, my grades are good I'm going to find a job after school ends, and think about collage.

PS. Almost all my friends are guys I know about 3 girls on friendly terms while all others are on neutral terms.
>>
I only have like 2 friends

yeah exactly 2 friends.

So don't feel bad, im sure you will find someone.
>>
I have a similar 'issue' I guess. I'm friendly with a lot of people, have no trouble meeting with new people or talking to people, have lots of acquaintances and am genuinely liked by a lot of people from what I can tell...but I don't have a lot of people I can really call friend. Eventually I realized it was all on me. People would invite me places or offer me openings to join their conversations or interests and I just never took. I tried for a little while to be more proactive but then I realized something else: I really just don't want many friends. I do want friends of course, being lonely sucks...I just realized I'm super stuck up and picky. I guess it's not really a good trait to have but I've sort of come to peace with it. I don't have many friends but I really value the ones I do have.

So I guess my advice, if you want to call it that, is figure out whether you have a lack of friends because there's something about you people don't like or if it's because you're just not inclined to having lots of friends. From there you can figure out a course of action. Either change what's not likable or just accept that you need to find better friends, not more.

The only real downside, in my opinion, to having fewer but better friends is that it's much easier to find yourself in a position where you're being clingy because only one of them is available or maybe none are and you're back to being alone.

But otherwise it's alright as long as you come to it on your own terms, not just because you're a miserable person to be around.

The flip side of this is not just to find better friends but to be a better friend too. Your attention is less divided so make it count more for the people you do care about. They WILL appreciate it.
>>
>>16789423
A woman must of wrote this
>>
>>16789379

its hard to say. we dont know you. we dont know what butterflies flapped its wings over in russia. perhaps its time to take a bit of a spirit walk and figure out if you're as likeable as you think. i did, and i learned some things about myself. mostly that I have an expiration date.

all that being said, broaden your horizons. see whast out there. don't be too needy. learn to live life happily on your own and people will want to grab a slice of that too.

i feel ya though. im not much of a romantic... but i happen to romanticize friendship to a large degree. i will always have a best friend, but I never seem to be theirs.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.