[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say is the optimum amount of episodes of an anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cow.png (679KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
cow.png
679KB, 900x675px
What would you say is the optimum amount of episodes of an anime to watch per day to get the most enjoyment out of it?

I try to limit myself to 10 episodes per day of a typical 25 episode anime so I have a break to comprehend everything. But if I am really enjoying a show sometimes I watch much more than that. The downside is that I feel like I'm burning the candle too quickly if that metaphor makes sense.

I suppose the question also works for Netflix shows.
>>
>>16789125
Have you considered you aren't getting enjoyment from the shows but from pushing aside reality?
>>
I'd say between 2 and 4 per show with a max of 3 shows. A good combination is a more serious shoe with a funny show like cromartie high or yuru yuri on the side.
>>
>>16789131
No, I have a healthy social life. I don't watch anime or TV for escapism.
>>
>>16789135
>watches 10 episodes a day
>healthy social life

pick one
>>
>>16789134
Hm. I've been watching only one show at a time because I think that if I watched different shows at once it would become a jumble of memories.

But maybe watching less episodes would make that easier. You watch about the same amount I am but with different sources.
>>
>>16789137
I'm a collegefag in a social fraternity. My social life is fine.
>>
>>16789141
Are you just getting into anime recently? When I did I binge watched a ton but only watch like 2 episodes a day now.
>>
File: youngape.jpg (315KB, 2659x1717px) Image search: [Google]
youngape.jpg
315KB, 2659x1717px
>>16789147
I'm sure it is kek

Must be a fraternity for nerds
>>
>>16789148
Yea. I only started on my birthday last August. I've watched Eva, Bebop, GitS + SAC, Code Geass, Death Note, FMA, and Steins;Gate.
>>
>>16789154
Eventually you run out of those bigger shows and finding something really enjoyable gets harder. You will probably start watching a lot less, I've seen all the ones you listed relatively soon after getting into anime too.
>>
>>16789167
That makes sense. GitS SAC didn't really tickle my fancy all that much and I only watched it sporadically.

Well thanks anon, at least I know it's typical. My worst offense was probably Breaking Bad. I think I watched a season in one day when I was sick.

Do you have any recommendations as long as you're here?
>>
>>16789184
>didn't like SAC

The normal filters are working
>>
>>16789184
Sure but it depends on what you're looking for.
Similar to death note and code geass is guilty crown.
Romance: Toradora
Comedy: Seriously cromartie high is great.
Action/adventure: Fate/stay night ubw and FZ
Mystery/mythology +lolis :monogatari
It's a film but Princess Mononoke is great, watch it if you can.
Lots more but I'd rather not list things that you aren't looking for.
>>
It depends on what anime, really. Most anime are meant to be watched 1 episode per week, but who can resist when all the episodes are at your fingertips? If it's an action-packed anime where a lot happens in an episode, I'd say 2 episodes per day, max. For a slower-paced anime, 4-5 a day wouldn't hurt. As long as you mix up the genre every now and then, you should be fine.

I'm not the other anon, but as for suggestions, I vehemently urge you to watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Far underrated, you won't regret it. The next season comes out in April
>>
>>16789207
I forgot to mention that Gurren Lagann is a really fun and unique anime too.
>>
>>16789217
>Gurren Lagann is unique

top kek

toonami-core faggots in this thread
>>
>>16789207
>>16789217
Thanks man, I've added them to my list

If it helps I really liked FMA, Bebop, and Steins;Gate. Some other mecha would be good too.

>>16789215
Sounds good, thanks man. I think I'll cut it down to 5 per day or 2 for a 12 episode show. Some shows I enjoy so much I just can't help but accidentally watch 15 episodes on a boring day you know? I get really wrapped up in the world but the more I watch the faster it's all over.
>>
When you watch an anime, is your enjoyment of it an in-the-moment thing? What is it that you like so much? Do you like the culture, or talking to other people about anime?

I wasted some of my childhood and teens watching anime and can barely recall the plot of many of them. I've found that my life improved when I got more active hobbies, rather than passive ones. Since you're trying to optimize your enjoyment, I think you should consider WHY you enjoy anime, and whether you can find this enjoyment in other, more productive aspects of life. That's something to think about.
>>
>>16789266
I'm not OP but I like watching anime before bed, it helps me sleep and doesn't interfere with anything else.
>>
>>16789266
I enjoy them because of interesting characters, story, style, and setting.

That goes for anything else too, like books and movies.

I have other hobbies like IM sports and shooting.
>>
>>16789286
*I also have friends that like anime and its fun to talk about it with them
>>
About 3.50
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.