[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it rude to talk to a girl when she's reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 014.png (132KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
014.png
132KB, 320x240px
Is it rude to talk to a girl when she's reading?
>>
It's only rude when she ignores you.
>>
>>16788859
Well, I'm a girl and I often read in public spaces and I fucking hate it when people try to chat me up, doesn't matter if you're a cute dude or an old creep. It's not only rude but also pointless because if I'm reading then clearly I'm not in a mood for talking

but that's just me
>>
What's the nature of your relationship?
>>
>Is it rude to distract [person] when that person is doing [thing that requires concentration]?

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>16788870

Meh, varies from person to person. You never know who is reading and who is trying to get attention.

I was at starbucks with a friend once and watched a dude sit on the same page of Walden for the entire hour we were there, all the while staring at women out of the corners of his eyes.

Personally, I wouldn't approach someone who is reading. You're either bothering someone who doesn't want to be bothered or you're about to get involved with an attention whore - either way it is a bad idea.
>>
>reading in public space
>anyone comes by
>oh boy here it comes
>"What are you reading, anon?"
I consider myself a peaceful person but this makes me see red every time.

No matter who you are. Don't do this, to anyone.
>>
>>16788911
I wouldn't mind so much if it was someone I knew who did that. But a stranger would just annoy me
>>
>>16788929
It's just that no one ever actually has an interest in what you're reading. They are just interrupting you so that you will pay attention to them instead.
>>
>>16788949
Maybe not the people who you know, but people I know do actually care what I'm reading. I don't mind if they're using it as an excuse to talk to me either.
>>
>>16788911
Why would you read in a public area to begin with if you don't want a chance at interruption? What is the sense in that?
>>
>>16789136
Because people have the right to read wherever the fuck they want you entitled faggot

I'm glad concealed carry is still legal because of pushy faggots like you

Being in public is not a fucking invitation
>>
>>16789142
>My house
>The back porch
>By the pool
>At a quiet friend's house
>Nah, fuck that, I bet no one would bother me in public
>>
>>16789136
I sometimes do my readings for class in public or a relatively public area like on the lawn or in the common room. It's also nice to go to the park and sit under a tree or at the beach and read on a nice day. You should try getting out more.
>>
>>16789149
Lol keep not getting laid

Most of the time when I'm reading I'm inbetween classes or waiting for someone else and none of the time do I want some awkward faggot interrupting me trying to get in my pants
>>
>>16789158
Kek, with that attitude I doubt you have to worry about anyone wanting to interact with you
>>
>>16789149
>At a quiet friend's house
Do people really go to a friend's house to read instead of interacting with their friend?
>>
>>16789169
>you can ascertain someone's attitude by looking at them reading a book

You might be the least intelligent person this board right now

Maybe you should stop trying to interrupt people like a child and read one of those books
>>
>>16789149
Why the fuck would you go to a friend's house to read? I thought you said people who read in public are supposed to be the illogical ones
>>
>>16789136
I read a lot in public because I'm waiting for someone, or I need to take a 2 and a half hour train twice a week and it's a great time to relax and read. Where I live it's unusual to be disturbed by a stranger in public so why would I stop myself from doing something that I enjoy, doesn't disturb anyone and passes the time.

To me bothering someone who is reading is like disturbing someone with headphones on, let them be. I find it really irritating when someone interrupts my reading on the train more than once or for a stupid reason.
>>
>>16789174
Good to know. From now on I am going to interrupt as many people as I can.

Thank you very much!
>>
>>16789198
That's fine

I made this guy named Connor cry because he tried to make small talk about the book I was reading and I told him to use his man voice because he was mumbling
>>
>>16789209
>badass detected
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.