[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Experience.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: part-time-jobss.jpg (37KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
part-time-jobss.jpg
37KB, 600x466px
Why do employers have such a double standard of only wanting experience but none of them ever help you get it if you don't have it yet? Not everyone can honestly do well in a job like fastfood/retail. If I could I would do something like that but it would be a complete waste of effort. Makes you really have no confidence when nobody wants to give you a chance.
>>
If you don't get an internship or connects in college or grad school then you're SOL, and then you can look forward to 12 dollars an hour being a customer service rep or some equally shit job with no upwards movement
>>
What kind of job are you looking for?
>>
>>16788024
You're looking at fields in which your personal value added is very hard to judge, as a small part of a complex system, so they use experience as a proxy.

Try getting into a business where your own skill and capacity is easily demonstrable, such as carpentry.
>>
>>16788037
It's hard to get connections when you aren't good at being social and internships always only take the students that have the best GPAs though.
>>
>>16788071
Tough shit. Your options are to git gud at being social or to bring up your GPA, preferably both
>>
>>16788024

Because they don't care about you, they care about making money.

Just stop the special snowflake act, it is pathetic. Sit down and figure out how you're going to get ahead.

>>16788124

For real. Why do you think that you should be able to suck shit in school and still have employers want you?
>>
>>16788136
Because your GPA isn't a perfect high 3-4.0 you completely suck shit at school? That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>16788124
> git gud at being social

You obviously don't understand what it means to have anxiety problems.
>>
>>16788178
Suck it up and just put yourself out there or starve in the streets.
Protip, nobody is gonna hire a whiner.
>>
>>16788174

Changing the implications of your story makes you look like a liar, fyi. You should have stated what your gpa was from the start.

>>16788178

You never stated that you had axiety problems.

Wew, lad. You may as well just let this thread die and try again. You already look like a retard, nobody is going to take this seriously.
>>
>>16788197
Well I said i can't handle a job like fast food and retail. I would never be good at it.
Oh and I don't even remember what my GPA was but all the possible ones wanted people with high GPAs and mine was just average. I got some good and some not as good grades.
>>
>>16788178
What the fuck do you want? You want to find a job where you'll never have to interact with people? Find a job where you can telecommute, get over it somehow/find a way to deal with it or be content with being unemployed. There is no fourth option.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.