[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, looking for some academic advice, I'm portuguese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 17135774081_08d1f199fc_k.jpg (451KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
17135774081_08d1f199fc_k.jpg
451KB, 1500x999px
Hey /adv/, looking for some academic advice,
I'm portuguese and I'm currently living in Lisbon, studying civil engineering at Tecnico Lisboa (IST), however I was thinking about moving to the US and start studying there.
Obviously I don't have enough money to afford university there, Is it possible to apply for a scholarship, where do I even start? I have no idea.

Pic related, the shithole I'm stuck in.
>>
You're studying civil engineering in Portugal, but you don't specify what interests you in the US academic world. All branches of engineering are pretty much a dead end sector these days - but there are definitely opportunities aplenty if you're interested in learning the fundamental skills of carpentry, for instance.

It would be a good idea to learn the basic in Portugal, so you can bring contributions of European woodworking styles when you come to the US to study more advanced and specialized techniques.
>>
>>16787973
I forgot to mention that civ eng is not that interesting to me anymore, I'm on the second year of my five year masters and it's painful.
I was thinking about studying computer science there, since we don't have it here in Portugal, the closest thing we have is computer engineering or network engineering.
>>
I know it's a slow board, but I could really use some imput from you guys.
>>
stay there
they wont give you a scholarship after you quit college in another country. are you that fucking dense?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.