[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was just fired from my job after 13 months. The management

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG__20160131__124818.jpg (168KB, 540x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG__20160131__124818.jpg
168KB, 540x759px
So I was just fired from my job after 13 months.
The management was god awful, and is done from another country. The guy acting as manager is never here and is officially a salesperson.

Anyway over the course of the year I ended up taking on an assload of responsibilities to make up for the over employees' shortcomings (I was the only male there so I helped with 3 departments daily as well as running my own department with no help)
It got to the point where I was lucky to be able to take a break, often working 10 hour days without one, all the while making minimum wage while people that got hired in after me all started with much higher wages and less responsibilities

I patiently waited a year for my review, and when I informed them they claimed my hire date was a month later. They also gave me extra responsibilities (obviously waiting for me to fuck up). Checked my records and sure enough they were full of shit.
A week passed while they gave me the runaround and today I was told I would be given a 20 cent raise, but if I kept working hard they would give me another one in a month.

I informed them that I was no longer willing to do the things outside of my job description until paid at least as much as the new hires (literally a $2 raise) and was let go.

The thing is, the extra responsibilities included tightening a roll of paper by hand which would leave a raw wound on my arm, which would then be irritated by the chemicals that were a part of my actual job, giving me a clear reason to not do the extra work.

I guess my question is, is there anything at all I can do as far as legal action? Doesn't seem right to be fired for not wanting to do things outside of my job description, but I'm really not familiar with the laws.

Also, when I was first hired, they went over a month without paying me due to a "bank error" or some shit. Any possible way I can take legal action a year later?
>>
You know how the other employees did the bare minimum, because they were smart enough to recognise that they weren't going to get recognition for doing more? You should have done the same.
>>
It sounds to me like you should be glad to get out of such a shitty workplace.
>>
>>16787523

Yeah as I mentioned above I was the only one asked because I was the only guy working there, so anything with heavy lifting or anything went to me.
They were presented as temporary duties until hiring someone else, which never happened. Then they added responsibilities which I couldn't do due to never having time for a break, and fired me on the spot upon telling them that

>>16787593
Oh, I definitely am. The fact that they're going to lose a complete fuckload of money without me holding them afloat made me a lot less bitter about it, not to mention the fact that literally no one there is happy and I was everyone's favorite
>>
>>16787519
They never gave you the back pay?

And you let it go for a year?

>>
You sue them

you sue the fuck out of them and reach an agreement for a decent ammount of cash.

You will also pull the male card and how they made you do all the work because females couldn't
>>
you act like you leaving your job is going to grind shit to a halt, but in reality it's just a bump in the road. someone else will fill your responsibilities and get paid more for it.

If you feel like you were wrongly dismissed, contact a lawyer: however, you probably live in an at-will employment state, so you don't have much grounds for a case.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.