[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am writing this email to a project supervisor to tell him I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: margot_robbie_640.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
margot_robbie_640.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
I am writing this email to a project supervisor to tell him I am not going to work on it anymore. Do you think the message sounds rude? (I haven't had enough sleep and am not sure about those things right now!)

> Dear X,
> I hope you had a nice weekend.
> There are personal issues that need my attention, and I won't have the time to contribute to project Z. A and B finished task Y from A to B; all credit goes to them.
> Thanks!
> Best,
> D.

What do you think?
>>
>>16787416
Is this for a class or a job? Either way, it sounds rude because nowhere in that was the slightest bit of remorse/apology for abandoning your position.
>>
give him the reasons

"i wont' have time" doesn't really tell him why
>>
>>16787416

'thanks' is actually the rudest part of this i think. it assumes that everything thta happened is just okay and casual.
>>
This come across as really flippant to me.

Don't end salutations with exclamation marks right after you've bailed on a responsibility. You don't come across as sincere or regretful.
>>
>>16787430

For a job.

So I add:
> Sorry for asking to join the project and then leaving it like this.

>>16787439

The real reason is realizing I am not interested in his project. How do I say this without offending him?
>>
>>16787450
>Sorry for asking to join the project and then leaving it like this.
Good luck ever getting put on a project or getting a good reference from this job

You sound far too immature to be in the real world
>>
>>16787456

I had a sheltered upbringing and am immature for the real world.

I will really appreciate it if you helped me with this one!
>>
>>16787450
>I am not interested in his project
>interested
>in your own job
You're getting fucking paid for this. I (and they) shouldn't give a fuck about what you're "interested" in.
>>
>>16787468

No, that was a side project I was doing for fun. I was not getting paid for it.
>>
>>16787450
>The real reason is realizing I am not interested in his projec
You know you don't go to work to be entertained, right? You are seriously on your way to getting fired
>>
>>16787474

Dude. Dude. Dude.

I have my own job, with my own projects, with my own everything.

This project is his own thing, that he pays for with his own money. I asked to join them for fun and to learn from them, without getting paid, and later realized that I am not interested in it. That is why I am bailing out.

I am very inexperienced when it comes to those things, and want to learn how to politely excuse myself from the project.
>>
OP you kind of backed yourself into a corner here, there is no way to gracefully withdraw from this. You asked to be on the project, and now you don't want to bother with it anymore. It makes you look incredibly bad. That said, you should end the email with
>Regretfully,

>Anon

Lose the thanks, it makes the whole thing 1000% worse.
>>
>>16787481

than explain it to him. its a dick move either way, but sending a short little email like its no big deal is rude as fuck.
>>
File: MR-03.jpg (378KB, 771x717px) Image search: [Google]
MR-03.jpg
378KB, 771x717px
How about this:

> Dear X,
> I am writing you this email to ask to leave project Z. The project is time sensitive, and with my current responsibilities I will not be able to contribute to it at a satisfactory pace. I am worried about being a burden, or slowing the project down. A and B finished task Y; all credit goes to them.
> I really appreciate this learning opportunity, and apologize I couldn't contribute more to it!
> Best,
> D.
>>
>>16787530
>>16787545

So:

> Dear X,
> I am writing you this email to ask to leave project Z. The project is time sensitive, and with my current responsibilities I will not be able to contribute to it at a satisfactory pace. I am worried about being a burden, or slowing the project down. A and B finished task Y; all credit goes to them.
> I really appreciate this learning opportunity, and apologize I couldn't contribute more to it!
> Regretfully,
> D.
>>
>>16787551

Why do you insist on these retarded pleasantries? It adds nothing when you are breaking bad news about your inability to make a meaningful contribution to a project you requested to be put on. It just makes you sound like you're trying to butter him up, its offensive to his intelligence
>>
>>16787467
Here is some pro advice. Suck it up and do the project anyway. And be more discriminating about choosing future projects.
Of course you could just go through with the email and at get fired at worst, or just piss off your boss and colleagues at best.
>>
>>16787563

That's... actually a better idea. It doesn't have to be black or white.

I will talk to the guy and tell him that I realized that the project is more time sensitive than I initially thought, and ask if I could instead take a less critical part/task.

Dude, that's brilliant. :D
>>
>>16787636
What? Thats not what he said at all. Suck it up and do the project, period. Asking for a position with less responsibility still makes you look really bad to your boss and your coworkers. Are you actually autistic?
>>
>>16787416

... me Joo?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.