[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Manipulation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

ITT: we post ways we have successfully manipulated or have been successfully manipulated by other people, and why it worked.

This thread is just as much about learning to prevent manipulation as well as doing it.
>>
This is a good thread, bumping
>>
Is this the Dale Carnegie thread?
>>
Are you the deluded faggot who thinks they can read people's auras or some kind of new age witchy shit?
>>
>>16787154
Gee, thanks.

>>16787158
Nope.

>>16787208
Nope, just want people to tell their stories so that we may learn from them.
>>
First and final self-bump
>>
Waiter here. I make the best tips out of everyone in my restaurant and all the other workers think I'm some kind of a waiting prodigy, but the truth is much simpler. People love talking about themselves. Smile, ask plenty questions about them (is it a lunch break or a day off work? where do you work/where are you from? etc). If they seem friendly, keep asking questions and comment every so often. If not, just ask professional, not everyone wants a chat. By showing interest you'll make them like you and they're prone to help you out, or in this case, give you a big tip.
>>
File: Ffcc-mlaad_character_stiltzkin.jpg (34KB, 376x433px) Image search: [Google]
Ffcc-mlaad_character_stiltzkin.jpg
34KB, 376x433px
>>16787103
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique

The easiest and most effective one

I don't believe in psychology but I do believe (and have verified) that people are stupid and weak enough to feel unable to resist you due to feeling like they need to accept you

I'm actually so great that even people who hate me end up throwing themselves at my feet in worship
>>
>>16787103
Go watch Clueless and read some Jane Austen.

I'm not even joking. It's all about game theory.
>>
Former Pimp here. Some pointers:

>1. Extrinsic motivation destroys intrinsic motivation. The fastest way to kill someone's innate enthusiasm for something is to pay them in immediate material rewards to do it.

>2. Charisma is the ability to simultaneously project both strength and warmth. You can learn how to do this, but some people have an innate talent for it.

>3. When you're conditioning someone to respond to rewards, don't reward them every time they do what they are supposed to. Conditioning them takes longer, but so does extinction.

A lot of these are psychology 101 though.
>>
>>16788468
>Doesn't believe in psychology
>Allegedly uses psychology to get his way
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (61KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
61KB, 1200x900px
>>16788436
>big tip
>>
>>16788510

Its not psychology its trial and error
>>
>>16788524
>>16788468
>Denies he's using psychology
>>
>>16788536
>implying assertions
>>
>>16788510
What did you expect from the dumbest moron around here? Ignore him, works way better.
>>
My ex boyfriend would manipulate me by harming himself. For medical reasons, he has to eat more often than a normal person, and drink twice as much water. Whenever I was angry at him, he would starve himself and not drink any water until I would just break down and try to take care of him.
>>
>>16788536
>>16788510
>Implies truth
>>
>>16788549
>dumbest moron

most dumb*

Nice double negative as well
>>
Obvious troll is obvious
>>
File: 103987451321.jpg (30KB, 352x344px) Image search: [Google]
103987451321.jpg
30KB, 352x344px
>>16788549
>ignoring the truth
Found the christian.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.