[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are girls so attracted to guys who treat them like shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Why are girls so attracted to guys who treat them like shit? Also I would very much like answers from females, I have enough of /r9k/ and /pol/-tier dravel.

I don't really believe this whole redpill thing, but I have a friend who treats girls like utter shit and since about 3rd grade of secondary school he was never without a girlfriend. This just confuses me so much.
>>
>>16786563
>my friend gets girls even though he's an asshole

he's probably attractive, mystery solved
>>
>>16786568
No no, this would be perfectly understandable if he was attractive. I mean I wouldn't mind being mistreated by a 10/10 girl for a chance at fucking her.

Thing is this guy is pretty much average, with bunch of emotional problems. Also he's a skinny manlet.
>>
Tale as old as time: People mistake aggression for confidence. It happens in dating, it happens in business, it happens in politics and it happens in just about every other facet of life.

Don't think too much about it, learn to be confident for real and enjoy your life anon.
>>
>>16786563
>Why are girls so attracted to guys who treat them like shit?
They're not, but they settle, because these are the guys who make themselves available, and you take what you can get.

The common lament of "all the good ones are either taken or gay" excludes otherwise-decent men who are so scared of rejection that they refuse to get into the dating pool, but this is a feature, not a bug. A guy who is too scared to ask will also be too scared to let go. So goes the common wisdom anyway: if you aren't ready to ask, you aren't ready to date.
>>
>>16786563
Probably the same reason guys are so attracted to girls who treat them like shit.
>>
They're usually young and have poor self esteem. They mistake aggression for confidence and believe they deserve to be treated the way they are (because low self esteem). "If he can afford to treat me like shit and not care, that must mean he's really high value and could get a better woman, or he would value what he had"
>>
The girls that they're attracting are just as fucked up as them. These girls are doormats, lack in confidence and self-esteem and are naive. These girls have not a lot to look forward to in life (like they work a shit job, don't have any hobbies, or major goals). They want a fixer-upper. They think they can change him because they occasionally get a peak of his niceness or happiness.

The same can be applied with guys dating fucked up girls.
>>
The line between "showing interest in a girl" and "acting like a desperate creep" is finer than one would think. People who show no interest in girls don't even come close to the line, so many girls take them over potentially desperate guys.
>>
>>16786917
God knows how much time I wasted with those girls in high school.
>>
>>16786563

Because, especially when they're young, most girls don't WANT to fall in love and take things slow and have a serious long-term relationship. They don't want to spend their entire youth with one person. They want to try things out and have fun, and it's easier to avoid getting emotionally attached if the guy's a bit of an asshole.
>>
>>16786563
Confident in themselves
Assertive
They have a personality

It's not jerks though. Anyone like that. Some of them happen to be jerks and some girls overlook that, on purpose and on accident.

Just like guys overlook the bad qualities in a woman's personality just because she has a nice ass and/or titties and/or dick sucking lips
>>
Read Theredpill on reddit and you will understand.
Girls simply dont want some needy, desperate beta bux. They want alpha fux that gives them the tingles.
>>
Most of them want validation. If there's a guy that treats her like shit, she will unconciously want him to like her. She thinks that she will be special by and validated if she can turn him around.

I think it's very tied to self esteem.
>>
>>16786563
Are you sures he's not just screwing around. Some guys are like that and make fun of everyone, but it's lighthearted and funny so everyone likes it except that one sperg who later goes on 4chan to whine aboit how his friend's an asshole and he doesn't understand what this means.
>>
>>16787003
>Most of them want validation. If there's a guy that treats her like shit, she will unconciously want him to like her. She thinks that she will be special by and validated if she can turn him around.
>I think it's very tied to self esteem.

This. Its like if you've ever known someone, a peer or a relative, that was always a jerk to you for no reason, and then they did or said something nice and its like the nicest fucking thing anyones ever done.

Like Stockholm syndrom, when people in a hostage situation start rooting for their captors after they feed them or give them some water.

If you are a girl with low-self esteem who feels like you are ugly and a piece of shit, you arent gonna believe some guy who comes and tells you that you are beautiful outright. you are gonna think there is something wrong with him, that for him to like someone like you he must be an even bigger piece of shit than you are.

But if he comes across as not noticing you or caring about you (which is in line with your expectations of people) and THEN he starts to make you feel special, oh boy he likes ME!! He really likes ME!!!
>>
>>16786563
They don't. It's simply not attractive. Why would you think that?

There's two possible explanations. First, a relationship that started out great, and grew toxic over time. Where one side started treating the other like shit. The other side hates it but still can't leave because he/she is too invested in the relationship. Second, it's just the delusions of an angry /r9k/ poster who thinks that a guy who dates a girl he likes is automatically an asshole and jerk and treats her like shit.
>>
>>16786563
Because being treated like shit is more interesting than being treated nicely.
>>
>16787030

I remember a girl in highschool who had a crush on a guy known for picking up lots of girls. He wouldn't stay with one for too long and then move on to the next.

She was the kind of girl that had the belief of finding the "prince" and having a serious relationship.

The only explanation I can think of for her to be attracted to him, is that she had a validation issue and couldn't see that her relationship with him wouldn't last long.

She probably thought to herself "Despite his known behavior, maybe I'll be the special one he will settle down for".
>>
>>16787020
This
>>
>>16786579
This, and a lot of children get mistreated by their parents, so I'd imagine girls will go after guys who remind them of their fathers for some unconcious reason.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.