[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm the asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Socially-Awkward-Penguin-Thumb.png (40KB, 300x175px) Image search: [Google]
Socially-Awkward-Penguin-Thumb.png
40KB, 300x175px
So I've slowly begun to realize as I've alienated more of my friends that the old saying "If everyone around you is an asshole, you're probably the asshole" (Or something like that) may apply to me. There are a very select few people who I can click with and even they, I feel, would probably rather hang out with someone else if given the choice. There are other people in my friend circle who are disrespectful and rude all the time but no one bats an eye and they are from what I can tell the most well liked.

This is essentially an impossible question to answer but how can I figure out what I'm doing wrong and try and correct it. It's not that people don't like me that gets to me, it's that I can not figure out why.
>>
Ive felt similar sentiments actually. What I did was just act nicer and more social to my close friends. They actually responded very well so I would recommend the same thing to you. Just remember the difference between being kind and being a doormat.
>>
>>16785711
I'm in a similar position OP, except I'm severely depressed and am now seeking to just isolate myself. Would not recommend unless you plan on becoming an hero.

>>16786032
What do if one of my only close friends is dead set on trying to help my depression? She's adamant on making sure I don't isolate myself and she just lets me dump my problems on her?
>>
File: lmao.png (149KB, 422x563px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
149KB, 422x563px
Did anyone else here rarely leave the house in high school except for school and when forced to? I'm [spoiler] 16 [/spoiler] and really want to go out and do stuff but have never really left the house alone before so I don't know the area or even if my parents will let me. I never get any invitations or anything from my friends at school either.. Always hearing about what other people have been doing made me really self-conscious about this kinda shit.
>>
[spoiler] fuck I'm tired, sorry [/spoiler]
>>
>>16786068
You can come over to my house anon. :)
>>16786043
I'd say your pretty lucky to have someone who is trying to help you. At least show her you appreciate her. She may have to realize that only you can help yourself with an internal problem like that though. Ive felt pretty depressed lately and when friends/family try to be nice without knowing how shitty im feeling it just makes me feel so worthless for some reason. Its tough shit man but tomorrow always has the promise of improvement. At least that's what I tell myself.
>>
>>16786095
I've told her how much I appreciate her, but I tend to lash out and I've tried pretty hard to push her away before. I'm probably going to see my school's psychologist soon though. It's been tough, and while I still believe tomorrow could be better I don't hold out any hope for it anymore
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.