[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad is going to off himself and I don't know what to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hopelesspepe.png (10KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
hopelesspepe.png
10KB, 250x202px
My dad is going to off himself and I don't know what to do.

Background: He is a veteran of the US army. My mother divorced him a few years ago due to emotional instability, and has gotten a job from the Census Bureau to pay for child support (even though his retirement checks should cover it). He is an alcoholic. But he seemed to be on the up, so I had minimal concerns for him. Turns out he was laid off for the past six months, his apartment kicked him out today, and he spent his remaining check on god-knows what. So he kept ups this facade of stability even though his everything was going down hill.

He sent my mom a text an hour ago saying he's gonna do it and tell me and my brother he loves him. He then ran away from his house after I couldn't do anything, as mom just told me about half an hour ago. She called up a crisis line and they sent some cops after him. He is currently on the run right now. He is armed with a pistol.
-
As of right now (I was briefed as i was typing this) he says he will come to our house unarmed (he sold one of his guns to buy my Christmas present and he is going to hand the other to my mother) to sleep the night away to clear up his head. How do I minimize the risk of harm to us and him? He agreed to dead drop his remaining gun on the porch and let us lock it up. I have a bad feeling about this.

Wat do?

I'll update in an hour at most if a significant event doesn't happen, if not don't assume the worst. (by the way if you doubt this thread, I am dead fucking serious but I understand if you think this is a troll)
-C
>>
Hes five mins away,lets hope this goes smoothly
>>
Call the crisis line and ask. This will most likely end up with him incarcerated in the mental facility. But at least he'll be safe, for tonight, anyways.
>>
gun has been locked up
>>
hes here
>>
alrught im signing off for tonight
>>
Post pics
>>
>>16784952
From what you're telling us, it looks like he can be only be of harm to himself.
I wouldn't sleep, and I'd find a way to get him into therapy if you or your mother can afford it.
>>
Call the police, he needs to be involuntary committed for his safety and yours.
>>
>>16784979
>>16785128
>>16785182
He is paranoid as fuck right now and he almost got spooked and ran at a passing patrol car on our neighborhood. Cops will only make it worse tbqh

I think he is wanted or something but all warrant checkers are behind paywalls.

-c posting from his phone
>>
Warrant checkers are scams. Only 2 ways to know if you're wanted. Walk into a police station and ask, hire an attorney to ask for you.

Call the police and tell them that he's paranoid and spooked, he will run at lights and sirens. They'll turn them off and secure the exits to the house first.

Make sure the guns are locked up and that he doesn't have access first. Cops don't play when weapons are involved.

Worrying about his wanted status or him murdering the lot of you and then himself... hmmm... priorities.
>>
>>16785291
Like I said, unstable.

He is probably watching the window like a hawk.
>>
>>16785332
The windows at all sides of the house at the same time? That's pretty amazing. Tell the dispatcher that so the cops know he's watching for them.

Calling bullshit on this now, all these improbable excuses mounting up are improbable at best.
>>
>>16785400
There is one road that you can actually access the house from, the backyard leads to huge field. Now the police can easily park on the road next to the field, run across at 11 in the night jump the fence and enter through the back door and get him, but really it is not needed. I and my mother are armed and we both have locks on the doors and an alarm he does not know the password to we are fine. I was just worried that we might be housing a criminal because of his sudden suspicion of cops.

The guest bedroom he locked himself into has a window facing the road. He knows this,all bedrooms but mom's face this street.

I don't care if you think it's fake, its real enough to me.

-c
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.