[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal that the partner will get interested in the hobbies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 4358b9cb97759d57f4487c089af5c158.jpg (233KB, 869x1244px) Image search: [Google]
4358b9cb97759d57f4487c089af5c158.jpg
233KB, 869x1244px
Is it normal that the partner will get interested in the hobbies of the other person? My gf always asks me what I'm watching or that we should play something together, but the problem is that all the media I consume is pretty cringey, I always feel awkward watching anime in front of her for example. It is the same with building Gunpla, these are just autistic japanese robot kits, she shouldn't get into it. How do I tell her that it isn't worth it to get into any of my hobbies? It is just all autistic and awkward stuff, she will probably think worse of me if she gets a closer look of that stuff.
>>
>>16784364
If she can't accept the stuff you like, how will she be able to fully accept you?
>>
Dont be so hard on yourself.

You like what you like. Fuck other people judging you because they think it's uncool. Your gf might enjoy it too, and even if she doesnt there must be some common ground... cooking? Going to walks? music?
>>
File: makoto.gif (971KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
makoto.gif
971KB, 500x281px
>>16784375
I don't know, I don't even know why she is accepting me so far, I'm a terrible person with no redeeming qualities. I don't want to give her any reasons to dislike me more with my hobbies

>>16784376
We have common ground, we go to concerts and always talk about music, we also talk about books and read them together and working out is our thing too, but she still seems to be interested in all my other hobbies, which is all that manchild stuff. I don't want to share it with her, it just makes me look bad. I know that I should stop liking this hobbies at my age as I get older, but I just can't.
>>
Adopting ALL of your partners interests as your own isn't common, though I wouldn't call it abnormal: it's just that by sheer numbers, most people will hit at least some mismatches.

But being generally curious about your partner's interests isn't just nor al, it's outright healthy. She's trying to learn more about you. This means she cares. Let her do this. Ask her about some of her interests too. This can only pull you closer together.
>>
>>16784427
>I don't want to share it with her, it just makes me look bad.
I'd let her be the judge of that for herself, if I were you. It sounds to me like she disagrees, and this is in your favor. Rule Number One of love and war: when the other side is doing something you want, don't get in the way.

>I know that I should stop liking this hobbies at my age as I get older, but I just can't.
Who said you had to stop liking it? Yes, the time one can spend on these things typically decreases, but there's no need to stop them completely. Why would there be?
>>
>>16784427
Surely shes opened minded, just don't force anything upon her.

You never know she actually might like it too. If not, find something else to do together
>>
Look at this thread >>>16782866
>>
Bolle neus
>>
My gf hates everything I do. Whenever she comes over and sees me pre occupied with a game or something she immediately gets upset. Kind of obnoxious.
>>
Jesus dude have some self worth. Everyone knows i have an anime problem and i dont give a shit. Being embarresed of the own things that interest you.. jesus how did you get a gf at all
>>
>>16784938
then why are you dating someone you have nothing in common with.
>>
>>16784962

Good question. We have some stuff in common, but I'm fearful of moving in with her because I won't be able to relax with what I enjoy.
>>
>>16784973
Then you need to dump her. Its an obvious dead end right there.

Dump her or talk to her about what you enjoy and try to come to an understanding.
>>
>>16784973
If sge loves you she'll accept it. Dont be embarrassed by it, and she wont think much of it
>>
>>16784984

I'm not, and she says she's cool. But the moment she walks into my room if I'm doing it she freaks out. And it's not like I'm an addicted MMO fiend or anything, I was trying to solve a puzzle in The Witness and even stopped to acknowledge her when she walked in.

I called her out on overreacting but that just turned into a bigger argument.

Maybe its a sign...
>>
>>16784938
Don't be stupid and stop playing video games. Spent time with her and do something in general. Video games or girlfriend
>>
It is normal, she's doing a good thing by trying and if your shit embarrasses you that much then maybe you should offset it with other shit too.
>>
File: images-4.jpg (4KB, 128x153px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
4KB, 128x153px
>>16784427
>working out is our thing to.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT TO MAKE IT LIKE THAT ITS PROVEN WHEN YOU WORKOUT WITH WOMAN YOU LOWER HOW HARD YOU WORKOUT SO SHE DOSENT FEEL BAD WTF
>>
>>16784364
If you can't be proud of the shit you like then why the fuck do you like it?

Everyone has guilty pleasures, as long as you can explain why they are pleasures (the guilt is usually obvious) that's fine.
>>
It's not fun when your bf just wants to play one player games.
Why is this such a hard concept for you idiots? I would like to spend time doing something together sometimes because I enjoy your company.
>>
>>16785759

Sounds like pretty generic advice. I'm not really addicted nor do I play much. Probably could have happened with anything so "stop playing video games" really doesn't mean jack shit in this situation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.