[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a good college excuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mycyjeSoUV1qbgb3mo1_400.png (155KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mycyjeSoUV1qbgb3mo1_400.png
155KB, 400x306px
What's a good excuse for missing a college class in advance that requires the least amount of creative explanation? I have to go to disney world in 2 weeks. My mom planned the trip without taking my schedule into account and it's too late to reschedule. I want to ask my professors for the work and what I need in advance but Disney world sounds like I'm not taking things seriously. If I lie and say I'm flying down in two weeks to visit a sick family member he might ask what's wrong with them and I can't lie very well but I'm really anxious about getting grief if I tell the truth.
>>
>>16784341
I don't think any professor would ask that but you could just say "cancer".
>>
>>16784341
You're in fucking college. Tell him you need the coursework for the next two weeks and see what he says. You're an adult, don't use excuses.
>>
>>16784341

Sorry dude, you don't get free vacation time anymore now that you're becoming an adult. Shit sucks, but it doesn't work that way. I'm coming to the end of my 20s and I've had to sacrifice my job or my vacation many a time (spoiler though, vacation has won), but you have limited choices here. A professor probably isn't going to go out of their way to provide you with the coursework in advance, because they're working a job, and it's not their job to accommodate you in advance.

Sorry for not giving you a solution here, but maybe honesty is the best policy. It depends on how cool your professors are. I had a lot of classes back in the day that didn't have an attendance policy, it was just graded on exams. If you have an attendance policy, maybe ask if you can get some leniency?
>>
>>16784341

say you are requesting because you are going in for an operation. when they ask why, look a little sad and say you'd rather not talk about it. then defensively clutch at a body part (dont go for the heart).

this generally works, but considering oyu have many teachers tehy might keep telling you to apply for some sort of medical absence through the school which may require documentation so its a risk
>>
>>16784341
Check your course syllabi, first and foremost. There should be at least a basic outline of the course schedule. Figure out if you have essays due that day, or tests, or anything like that. If you don't have anything huge, like a test that day, then consider emailing your teacher or a friend in the class first. If it's just a lecture you're missing (no quiz or anything) then figure out if attendance is mandatory. If attendance is mandatory, how many days can you miss before it affects your grade? In my experience, you can miss about 3 days of a class with mandatory attendance before it really fucks you. If you can miss without it mattering then don't say anything. Just don't show up.

How many days do you have to miss anon? Hopefully your mom wasn't a total bitch that planned the trip in the middle of the week.
>>
>>16784341
>I have a medical appointment on this day and I'll be busy could you please give me the work and let me turn in my assignments earlier?
Then make fucking sure you are completely off the grid social media wise
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.