[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yellow Teeth from Antibiotics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: smiles.png (124KB, 391x163px) Image search: [Google]
smiles.png
124KB, 391x163px
When I was about 16 months old I came down with a bad lung infection. I'm alright now but the doctors used an antibiotic called Tetracycline.

Something in the Tetracycline will seep into your gums and bond with the calcium that will become your future adult teeth. Even when you're a baby. Most doctors try to not give it to anyone under the age of 8.

I was always picked on in school for having yellow teeth due to the tetracycline. And for years I haven't smiled in public because of my insecurities in regards to my smile and someone who never smiles looks unattractive.

>inb4 whitening strips
AFAIK none of them work. These aren't surface stains. These are splotchy yellow stains that come from the core of the tooth.

>inb4 veneers
They are so fucking expensive. Like $900 bucks per tooth. Would end up costing around or over $10k.

What do I fucking do, /adv/?
>>
>>16783612

not sure what to tell you mate. you claim no surface whitener will do you any good, but opt out of anything expensive.

nothing comes without sacrifice. id advise you get over it. I have yellow teeth too, but its literally never stopped me from doing anything in life. its kinda like having hair on your back. its not something you WANT but its such an unimportant detail that most people wont notice or care.

thats kinda the thing about teeth is that the only people who judge you are strangers and assholes. As soon as a stranger likes any other part of you, they stop caring about your teeth. unless their an asshole, and you dont want them.

ive never had trouble getting laid, dates, or anything despite my yellow teeth. i know you got a childhood trauma, but ur an adult now. leave that in your childhood.

otherwise, go to your dentist and find out how much it cost to paint your teeth white. its generally free after braces.
>>
>>16783622
It's hard. I've kind of trained myself to not smile in public and people think I'm cold or don't have a sense of humor or something.
>>
>>16783638

so no matter what you do, people will judge you. even if you whiten your teeth, they'll then be too white and everyone you know will see the difference and think little of you for wasting money whitening it and others will think it dumb that you didnt just take good care of your teeth to begin with (As they wont know your back story).

point being that no matter what you do in life, assholes judge, but its fucking teeth and wont matter. so your options are stop caring about something most people dont ACTUALLY care about.

OR

spend 10 thousand dollars on getting your teeth ripped out and replaced with fakes ones
>>
>>16783652
>spend 10 thousand dollars on getting your teeth ripped out and replaced with fakes ones
that's not what veneers are. Veneers are thing layers or porcelain that are colored off-white to look natural.

But what reason do I believe people will be fine with my smile? I remember kids actually telling me how gross they looked. And compared to other people whose teeth were stained by tetracycline I got off lucky.
>>
>>16783663

got a pic? i got yellow teeth and ive literally never had this problem, though i dont think mine had yellowed at a young age.

one thing you have to consider is that kids are kids, and kids are assholes. have any adults commented on your teeth just randomly and unprovoked?

as you get older yellow teeth is also more common, especially depending on area, and adults not needing to tease anymore, simply dont care. you are probably the only one fixating on your teeth at this point.
>>
>>16783674
>one thing you have to consider is that kids are kids, and kids are assholes.
that's true. I wasn't really considering that.

>have any adults commented on your teeth just randomly and unprovoked?
My friend actually saw them one time when I was laughing and asked me when the last time I brushed was. This was about 3 years ago now, I guess. I told him the situation and he apologized and hasn't brought it up again.
>>
>>16783685

rough. I've literally never had anyone comment on it. I've never commented on anyones except for one case i asked my ex about what was going on in one spot (weird black part of his gum). its such a rare thing to see, it didnt much matter though. i was curious but it matters as little to me as the inside of an asshole does.

again idk HOW BAD they are but a lot of people have yellow teeth
>>
>>16783698
>again idk HOW BAD they are but a lot of people have yellow teeth
they're pretty bad. the top incisors have some white splotches but other than that they're all yellow except for the very tips that are white.

And I guess I'll look around. And see if I can notice how yellow other peoples' teeth are.
>>
File: 0p3CNtr.jpg (599KB, 2963x1974px) Image search: [Google]
0p3CNtr.jpg
599KB, 2963x1974px
>>16783663
Your insecurities have nothing to do with your teeth at this point, they're caused by negative associations to bullying and what people will think of your imperfections.
Try working on that first, even if you went and actually had cosmetic dentistry it's not going to 100% flip a switch you'll still need to get over those insecurities.
Like >>16783622 I've also struggled with yellowed teeth and it's never held me back in life, I laugh hard and don't give a shit because it's no ones business but mine.
My advice; go to Mexico and have whatever cosmetic dentistry you need done there.
It's much cheaper and you'd be surprised at how many people do it.

Unfortunately you're pretty much going to be stuck paying a lot of money to have it fixed, anything dentistry is expensive as fuck.
Have you looked into UV lightening? If that doesn't work start saving up and working towards having them fixed (get it done slowly too, have some of the really visible ones veneered and work your way to the back.)
>>
>>16783724

>the'yre pretty bad

that doesnt tell me how bad they are, just how bad they think you are. i cant really tell you how bad 'pretty bad' is without a pic
>>
File: teeth.png (601KB, 1007x392px) Image search: [Google]
teeth.png
601KB, 1007x392px
>>16783757
>UV lightening
that's fucks up everything EXCEPT for the color.

>>16783759
here's the pic
>>
>>16783785

camera lighting differences aside, yours look far better than mine, and i dont hide my smile in the least. i think you're a little insecure cuz of childhood issues, we all are. but its time to bury those and move on.

the world isn't hostile, its just indifferent. your best friend is still your best friend despite your teeth and was likely just curious. sure a bit of an asshole. but you probably havfe been about other things in other circumstances. we judge fatties and homos and dark skins, and people with bad haircuts and blame it on them. its our nature.

stop feeding it (your insecurity) and others will to. there is no better armor than simply not caring.

and if you absolutely must try, go to your dentist and ask what the most powerful whitening option is. try it.
>>
>>16783795
>camera lighting differences aside, yours look far better than mine
Can I see yours? It's just people always say things like 'you can do it. People who have it worse than you can still do it too.'

I'd would just like some proof if you don't mind. Trust but verify or whatever.
>>
File: Untitled.png (873KB, 1131x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
873KB, 1131x658px
>>16783810

here you go mate. forgive the chapped lips, im on accutane at the moment.

that being said, the photo makes them look nicer than they actually are (which should tell you how bad they are).

literally never had an issue or anyone ask or point it out or what have you, plenty of qts (though it should be noted i am a faggot, and dudes are more slutty) but mine arent even as nice and straight as yours, so that should tell you something.

ultimately, it matters more what your face or you look like as a whole. if the rest of you is nice, teeth wont matter
>>
>>16783835
>if the rest of you is nice, teeth wont matter
Alright. I'll work on smiling more, I guess. Thanks, dude.
>>
>>16783835
Do you brush your teeth?
>>
>>16783853

for many years i convinced myself i only had to do it once a day before bed. i only recently began brushing it in the morning. i also grew up on a tiny island where dentistry was a bit of a luxury. i had that luxury, but we didnt opt for braces because it was presented as optional.

its never bothered me much, though im making an effort to take better care of them for the sake of lasting longer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.