[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

career path

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: wallpaper-572454.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-572454.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
Guys, do you think I should do a master on philosophy of science just because it's very interesting to me and simply forget all my previous educations which are not necessarily relevant?
>>
>>16783138
what kind of previous educations?
>>
>should do a master on philosophy of science

What are you going to do with that degree? Is your plan to teach?
>>
Bachelor on Law and master on IT Law
>>
I plan to teach possibly doing a phd on philosophy of science
>>
I wouldnt do it.
I am getting a PhD in His Sci from an ivy league and job prospects are crap.
You wont be able to teach anywhere decent with an MA and since it is philosophy not
History you will have hard time finding something like a museum job.

But it sounds like you have money to pursue your hobby sowhy not

Could be helpful if you want to do patent law
>>
If you're interested in the philosophy of science, think about other, more employable fields that require the same kind of original thinking, deep understanding, and attention to detail. Off the top of my head, carpentry springs to mind.
>>
>>16783152

Well you have long term career goals in the academy/field, also since you don't mind teaching it's sounds like a good career path.

I would talk to people (if you know any) that made a similar choice and see if they recommend it.
>>
>>16783154
he already has bachelors on law, why can't he pursue something that he likes doing, and keeps working on law until he gets what he likes?
>>
Thanks guys, His Sci guy, are there any job prospect other than teaching? (in philo or in his)
>>
the problem is, I plan to do the MA in another country(only if I find a scholarship) so I wont be able to practice law there
>>
>>16783202
Working in a museum is the top alternate job.
Other than that, its really an open field. A lot of people go into consulting because it is assumed teaching skills translate. If you beef up your language skills during the program you could use that to land a job. But I would seriously consider patent law/intellectual property rights because this is a growing field and you will use phil sci to help you.

Im a girl too but thats okay :)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.