[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving in with gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2016-01-31-19-52-11-1.png (383KB, 1080x610px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-31-19-52-11-1.png
383KB, 1080x610px
I'm planning on moving in with my girlfriend soon, but she lives in a town without a lot of great job opportunities. If I have to bail before the lease ends because I can't find a good job, what's the best way I can protect myself from getting financially fucked/sued by her? I don't want to leave her in shitty situation if it happens
>>
Don't move in with girlfriend if you haven't saved up at least two months of rent first. Especially not if you don't have a job?
>>
>>16783027
I have almost enough for 6 month's rent in savings so I'm not too worried about that part of it. If I break my lease by moving early I know I'll have to forfeit things like my security deposit but I'm worried she might have grounds to sue me or something since she'd suddenly be burdened with the full cost of rent
>>
>>16783022
You can't not leave her in a shitty situation if you don't pay but since you're talking about how to protect yourself in the situation, you clearly don't give a shit about that.
>>
>>16783040
I feel like there are other options (helping her find a subletter for example) but I'm not sure how to approach the situation without making her think I'm going to bail at the first sign of trouble, because I won't. But me sitting around unemployment or underemployed with a degree while she still goes to college is going to hurt our relationship for sure
>>
Let another guy move in with her while you live elsewhere and find a better job. That way you'll know she's getting taken care.
>>
>>16783076
C'mon man that's what I'm trying to avoid by moving in with her
>>
You guys should be able to make a contract that states who pays what, it's legally binding as long as you both sign the contract.

Make the contract say you are legally obliged to pay your share?
>>
The way to protect yourself is to not have your name put on the lease. However this likely won't fly because the landlord needs to know how many people are living there. If you're a resident, you'll be expected to appear on the lease. This doesn't leave you the opportunity to bail without consequence.

If you can't resolve to a lease for a full year (as well as the relationship with your girlfriend/roommate) then you have no business moving in together.
>>
Well better put your fucking big boy socks then and focus on finding a job. No self respecting woman will entertain a freeloader for over 6 months. Even a mcjob is better than none. Sounds like you don't want to move in and are making up delusions and excuses in your head. If that's the case you need to have a discussion with her in which you are extremely clear about how you feel. You are making a very shitty bed for yourself to sleep in if this is not what you want to do.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.