[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have three tests for my computer science courses and I basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: frankhanging.jpg (97KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
frankhanging.jpg
97KB, 853x480px
I have three tests for my computer science courses and I basically know fuck all. How do I study for those three?
>>
If computer science were really the field for you, you'd enjoy studying it. If the course is a drag, you're setting yourself for a lifetime career in an area you're never going to enjoy. Dump the major, and learn the knowledge and skills of carpentry. With a rewarding and enjoyable profession, it's like you never work a day in your life.
>>
>>16782963
I'm interested in more about what you have to say. All the things I'm "interested" in are god awful career choices that I would be really bad at actually working in.

I don't like IT/CS at all as it makes little to no sense to me, but I'm doing it because it means I'll have a good job 20 years down the road and my body won't be shot from working outside. Halfway through my IT degree I decided I wanted to be a forester, did that for a year, and then got lyme disease and lost my forestry job. I'm back in IT now, hoping I can land a job working with GIS.
>>
>>16783002
20 years down the road, someone in India will have a good job, and your body will be shot from the alcoholism brought on by depressing and serial unemployment.

I feel a strange compulsion to suggest carpentry as the solution to all problems on /adv/, but in your case it's a real option. You can't outsource installing a new bookshelf or kitchen counter.

In any case, you should make a career choice based on a lifestyle you'll enjoy, rather than just where you reckon the work will be. If you were serious enough about forestry to actually do it for a year, IT is very unlikely to be your thing as it's hard to imagine two more disparate careers.

Think hard about what kinds of things you like doing and are good at. There are a million and one careers apart from the ones a high school advisor knows about; look for niche things you love. It doesn't need to be a major sector, so long as there's at least one opening in the world. If your job is something you enjoy, you'll be motivated, reliable, and skilled at it, which in turn will make for a great working atmosphere; if you hate it, that will make you unreliable, unprofessional, and a nightmare for your boss/clients - and they'll dump all that hurt back on you, making a toxic job climate.

If you were a bored millionaire, what rewarding and challenging activity would you do to pass the time? Chances are someone will pay you to do it, or something very similar.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.