[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty dog owners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1452035620207-b.gif (3MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1452035620207-b.gif
3MB, 426x426px
Ok I'm trying to gain some perspective from dog owners that always keep their dogs inside or in the backyard. Dog owners that allow their dogs to bark for hours, don't take their mutts for walks or even play with/train them. Why do you or why do people do this? What's the point of having a dog if you don't plan on playing with it or have it trained?

I'm a stay at home mom. It's hard enough trying to get sleep with a newborn around, but these barking dogs make it impossible for me to sleep/stay asleep. I have a dog, a breed that's known for being a yapper, but I took the time to train him and I take him for walks everyday. A lot of people that live in my neighborhood have stay at home moms/dads so I don't understand how this excessive barking happens.
>>
I don't know, don't have a dog. But will bump the thread for ya.

I don't want a dog because of the commitment. I do love dogs though.
>>
>>16782863
Thanks. I love em too, but I can't stand dumb owners. A neighbor nearby has a husky, a breed that's known for needing lots of exercise, but they keep him in their backyard and never take him for walks. I don't get why people do this shit. It's cruel.
>>
>>16782886

Oh gee, thats not good for the dog. Are you going to consult with the people in charge of animal welfare or talk to the neighbors first perhaps?

>Dog owners that allow their dogs to bark for hours

Hmm strange
>>
I groom dogs and also do shelter work, so I have a lot of experience with the shitty owners you mention.

Dog ownership is way, way up in recent years, but people have no idea what owning a dog really entails. They just see a cute dog/puppy, play with it while it's new, then abdicate their responsibilities and expect the dog to care for itself. They don't socialize, train, or exercise their dogs properly, and that's how many problems arise. People think that just because a dog is an animal that it doesn't need attention but they couldn't be more wrong. Having a dog is like having a 2 year old for 8-20 years.

On the other hand you have owners that pay too much attention to their dogs (speaking mostly of owners of toy dogs) and let them walk all over them, doing whatever they want because it's 'cute' and catering to the dog's every whim. These people do not set any boundaries for their animal and that also causes bad behavior.
>>
>>16783117
Having a dog is very rewarding but its best for stable single people who do not live in a tiny apartmet if their dog is big, for very responsible families, for older people.

Dogs are companions not pets but they also require discipline and attention. Just like there are shitty parents there are bad dog owners too.

On my side I got a rescue dog at a time in my life when i really needed a companion. She was all dusty and crazy when I got her from
Being locked in akennel for two years. The rescue gave me all this super heavy duty equipmemt and said she will never go to a dog park never be off a leash never live with other dogs. I spent a good 6 months crying when I walked her another year to get her to be okay in dog parks and now she has lived with another dog for a year and. Ahalf she stays nearby off leash and tolerates the off leash dog mountain in our area fine. She still needs to be monitored but it was so rewardng to see hard work and training pay off.

Other people just dont care.
>>
>>16782819
Dogs are trained to shut the fuck up when their owner yells at them to shut the fuck up. When they're not there to do that they just keep barking. It's not the owner's problem that they bark when they're not around.
>>
>>16782819

People should have a licence to be able to have a dog, there are sooooooooo many that haven't got a fucking clue about training and stimulating their dogs, which leads to bad and annoying behaviour.
>>
>>16783183
>It's not the owner's problem that they bark when they're not around.
Yes it is. If a dog barks excessively when alone it's usually an issue of lack of exercise or an anxiety problem. The dog may need to be crated while the owner is away, or given toys/bones to occupy it while it's bored.

It'll also become the owner's problem when the neighbors eventually file a complaint with the police, lmao
>>
>>16783023
I don't plan on speaking to any of my neighbors about this issue. So far there's 6 different dogs around that bark. Occasionally an owner will tell them "Shut up!" then they slam their door and the dog will continue. The main reason is because I live on military base housing so I've encountered so many stay at home moms who use their husbands rank as a reason to be mean towards others.

I can't even leave my windows or doors open without the sound being so loud.
My lease contract says that pet owners get 3 chances if they get noise complaints so I'm going to start doing that. I hope to get the dogs on video recording too.
>>
>>16783281
>I don't plan on speaking to any of my neighbors about this issue.

Wow, what a passive aggressive bitch. Are you an adult? Deal with your problems directly, don't be a cunt.
>>
>>16783617
Did you even read what I put?
I dont want to deal with them because they'll either follow me home and try to get my husband in trouble or they'll retaliate. I'd rather not visit 6 different houses and get 6 girls pissed at me for something that they already know is an issue.
>>
>>16783617
You're the one that sounds like a kid. You don't just go around complaining to your neighbors, that's how shitty fights get started. With a police complaint they get one warning and you get to remain anonymous. Everything gets resolved peaceful-like.
>>
>>16783183
>it's not the parent's problem if a kid swears like a sailor when they're at school

Please, never put yourself in a position of being responsible for another living thing.

Also, you don't get a dog to shut up by yelling at it, at best it'll assume you're joining in. Basically every single word you've said here is complete and utter nonsense.
>>
>>16782819
i love dogs so much i dont have one
dont believe we should keep animals around for the sake of our own pleasure
--
most people have a hard time taking care of themselves - let alone a dog
also if you live in a busy city or town, it is difficult to bring your dog around to do anything - also we live a busy lifestyle and we can take our dog around with us everywhere
>>
>>16782819
ugh I seriously feel you op. I have a very active breed that can bark a lot myself. I work and go to college and I still find time to take the dog to the dog park every other day if not every day, and the dog behaves fine. Yet all of my neighbors just leave their dogs inside all fucking day because "its just a dog you know" and they scream all day and night. And nobody else in my neighborhood ever picks up their shit, they just let the dog walk out the front door unsupervised so loose dogs roam the streets without their owners even watching. Basically, people are fucking garbage and most people don't deserve a dog
>>
Heres the scoop.
Most dog owners and most pet owners for that matter are shit at it. Problem with dogs especially is there are so many different breeds that require special needs that people don't know of or don't want to fulfill.

Heres a situation you're a lazy asshole but wants a pet dog. Do you get the husky or the Chihuahua.
The sad thing is there are many huskies who's lives are to be a garden ornament then people are shocked when their cute wolf doggie mauls them from frustration.
Its a dog who has had breed for centuries to run for long periods of times in cold climate, a quick walk around the block is not going to do.

The sad thing is dogs are an easy animal to manage, you keep them well fenced in or train them not to leave.
You train them to understand some simple commands and manners.
Food shelter and the right amount of exercise.
All these things above make a happy and easy to manage dog, its very very rare that the dog itself is ever at fault.
Even in the case of pittbulls which when properly socialized are a lovely group of dogs but unfortunately they are owned mostly by scum of the earth who encourage their aggression.

Two hours out of your day is all you need to please my dogs, its the best example humans have at domestication, it is an animal that has been tailored to listen to you, wish to learn and please you.
I still can't get over how much people fuck this up.
>>
Because there are a lot of shitty people who do shitty things and don't really care about much.
Pretty simple. I'm sure those people do other shitty things too.
>>
Getting a dog that you're not prepared to take care of is like paying for an autistic child to crash at your place. I don't understand how people can even stand not keeping them trained and walked and happy. Why would you even do that to yourself, let alone the poor creature?

We once had some shitty neighbours who paid out the ass for a pure bred malamute just to stick it in the yard to cry and paw at the door all fucking day and night even though they were always home. Half the houses on the street went at them complaining and offering help, offering to fucking take the dog off their hands and they're just like "yeah, nah, this thing was expensive yo."
Eventually they picked up a second 'free' malamute from the pound to shut the neighbours up and give their dog company. Wouldn't you know it, shoving an unpredictable shelter dog in there with zero forethought only made things worse. The two fought constantly and viciously, until they eventually broke out, attacked a neighbour dog half to death, and both got euthanised. Then suddenly the neighbours moved the FUCK out.

Funnily enough, the next neighbours in that same house also had a for-dumbasses-only backyard bred dog that they left to cry outside all day despite always being home. I don't know what happened to the dog, but the neighbours sure didn't last long, people were so at the ready to deal with their shit. I think I heard they were moving out to the country where the dog could have a big backyard, so it's probably feral now and their kids are probably dead.

Before either of these, there was also, briefly, a husky somewhere in the neighbourhood that always broke into our house.

They never seem to last long, these people.
>>
Drug dealers like to chain up dogs outside to scare away theives or more than likely to alert them to tresspassers while they sleep.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.