[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I was never good at anything in my life, all I did was play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1452502999940.jpg (104KB, 664x546px) Image search: [Google]
1452502999940.jpg
104KB, 664x546px
So I was never good at anything in my life, all I did was play video games and listen to music.

I picked up guitar at 19 years old, now I am 25 and pretty good with it. Should I pursue music?

The other thing is that after I come from work all I want to do is play video games. I am not really an ambitious person. I don't want to have houses, cars etc. A flat and a bike is all I need. But parents keep hinting me that I am a failure for not wanting riches.

So what should I do? Pursue career in music, or just play video games all day after work
>>
If you're happy living a simple life, there's no reason to pursue further success. Keep playing guitar every now and then as a hobby. Maybe you'll feel differently in a few years, maybe not.
>>
If you don't have the drive, music is definitely not a viable career option.
>>
>>16782229
care to explain?
>>
>>16782215
should pursue a career in music or at least put music before video games if you actually want to find success in something. videos games are fun but they are useless in the real world. i have been friends with the same group of people for about 6 years, from about the ages of 15 − 21. all they do is play video games and they are failing at life, they have no discipline, barely any knowledge, lack social skills and generally just lost.

you can still play video games, just dont make it your life. learn to balance your time.
>>
>>16782234
How are they failing at life? If they are not homeless and can eat everyday they are not failing , agree with discipline problem, people that do not play video games are not more knowledgeable in most cases, I lack social skills but I have no desire to socialize after work
>>
>>16782243
i wouldn't consider being able to sustains ones life as success. they dont contribute towards society nor do they better themselves, they are living an existence of consumption. of course a lot of people who dont play video games also lack knowledge but they are doing something which is equally pointless with their time. Also lacking knowledge isn't everything, you can still have life skills, this was just an example to reflect how meagre their life is. most people i meet who are socially retarded do nothing but play video games, i was the same until about 18-19.

I'm not saying dont play video games, its just going to have a negative affect on your life if you dont do much else. even people who go out a lot and watch tv are more functional then "gamers" because they at least have confidence and social skills. if you play guitar you will have an actual life skill and you could pursue a career in if you got good enough. you could become good enough if you practice enough like near enough anything.
>>
File: 1278372072055.jpg (140KB, 445x437px) Image search: [Google]
1278372072055.jpg
140KB, 445x437px
>>16782229

This is correct. Pursuing music is like starting a company. You need to finance it, have people around not only believes in your music, but believes in your ability to archive your goals. Your goals don't need to be big at first, but they'll have to grow exponentially. Most musicians never find a manager or at least a qualified one, you'll have to carry your legacy on your shoulders from practice, to gigs, to the studio. You have to make music that you believe is good and needs to be heard.
It's not easy. I've been doing this for 8 years with 20-something bands till now and I still feel exactly like you do now, with the minimalist-lifestyle and gaming. I don't even have a job atm.

Fuck, you can even have all of the above and still not make it. In the end you'll have to gamble between perseverance or being that guy at the right time at the right place to cataclysm your music
>>
>>16782215
You should learn other skills like a real man.
Don't pursue music you will never be good enough,
Too little too late. Learn how to do other things like cook, mountain climb, lift
>>
>>16782517
You sound like a fag
>>
>>16782215
You're a failure relative to your own personal goals, not your parents. If your goal is to pursue music and live in a flat with a bike then that's fine but you need to be able to sustain that lifestyle.

Becoming a successful entertainer is extremely hard to do. Unless you have the necessary talent and drive to make yourself stand out from millions of others guitarists you'll end up living out of a cardboard box.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.