[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving Out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: b5749e588de967ff5a3ab69829f8bee7.jpg (197KB, 900x1061px) Image search: [Google]
b5749e588de967ff5a3ab69829f8bee7.jpg
197KB, 900x1061px
Im debating wether to move out or not. Currently 21, living with parents. I got an okay job (ten bucks an hour), dont go to school (not untill may) and also pay a share of bills (car payment, insurance, etc)

Would it be a good idea to move out now or shoukd i wait? I guess i should mention i feel sort of trapped here at home. I feel like alot of opportunities for me are limited due to relying on my parents and such. And with school coming up, id also like to live closer to campus rather than driving an hour every day.

Still though, im not sure if i would be able to manage living on my own without knowing what i should be prepared for in terms of financial status, what type of apartment would be best, etc.

Any adv appreciated
>>
you should definitely move out for school, wish I did that
>>
>>16782087
Can you take proper care of yourself?
Can you cook, do laundry and clean?
If yes, move out of your house.
(Sorry for poor english)
>>
I think you should try it out for your first year of school; it might not be financially tenable for longer. It's good for social opportunities.
>>
>>16782202
I can cook, clean up after myself, do laundry etc.
I dont think that would he a problem at all, what im worried most about is the financial aspect. As in can i even afford to move out with a job like that?
>>
I moved out when I was 18 in a similar position to you.

Maybe start out with residence on campus just to ease the shock. It's different on your own, but it's rewarding.

It's a hard transition, and you miss being at home a lot. It's hard to make the effort to buy groceries/do chores when they're supposed to be done. After a while though, it's a great feeling being in control of yourself and not worrying about who you're going to answer to. Still though
I'd always keep what my parents would want in the back of my mind to guide me.

You won't really know how much you're going to spend until you develop a lifestyle, cause it's going to change when you live on your own. Be prepared to live tightly if you have to, I once had to spend a week with less than 10 bucks in my account and then the next week with a negative balance.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.