[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to approach girls in public? What should i say then?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
Is it normal to approach girls in public? What should i say then? It feels very creepy personally though.
>>
>>16782044
define public.

a bar?
a bookstore?
a coffee shop?

okay.

the street?
the gym?
the laundromat?

nah.
>>
>>16782044

It's only creepy if you're creepy.

Topic starter: something relevant to current surroundings. Can't ever go wrong with weather.
>>
If you're naturally charming and good looking it doesn't really matter too much where. If you're not? Then it's pretty much just ok in bars and even then it's questionable. Most of the time you need some kind of pretext to just start talking with people. Just seeing a girl and going over and saying 'ur cute, hows weather?" is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>16782058
In any case, good looking is still fuckin subjective. I honestly feel like I look like shit despite what others say.
>>
I met the girl I'm seeing at the campus bus stop. Just asked her if she was done classes for the day, what she's taking, some random flavor sentence like "man, last semester went by pretty fast, huh" or "did you catch [X] thing on campus last [Y]?" then asked for her number.

Not gonna lie though, I probably wouldn't have talked to her if there was anyone else at that stop, nor would I do this normally cause I'm below average in looks.
>>
>>16782044
"whatcha doin'?XD"
>>
File: personalspace101.jpg (66KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
personalspace101.jpg
66KB, 700x420px
>>16782044
Depends is it normal in your country to start conversations with strangers. There are some cultural differences. I'd guess that in countries where people are serious about their personal space you'd have to be somewhat more outgoing and really good with small talk to get more than few words out from people and even then you'd likely often get greeted by silence or very short answers.
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
>>16782058

Learn to open girls that don't involve generic conversations. learn to open with something witty with context to the environment your in or an observation, then follow up by avoiding the basic topics like work and stuff, but use those topics as a reserve to keep the convo going IF YOU HAVE TO.

so really you have a handful of very basic things to say, but you will learn to rely to winging bullshit when you get the hang of it. it doesn't need to be perfect, just put out the vibe you want to put out and own it
>>
>>16782049

You make it weird. you can have a conversation with anyone anywhere anytime. just need to move it past the initial opener and proceed to an extended interaction. piece of cake
>>
>>16782044
You should do it! Most of us love it. You may be rejected a lot but this will give you confidence and practice at seamlessly starting conversation with women. Just try to have a good energy and presence, also know what topic of discussion you will enter with. Mae eye contact and don't bring up creepy stuff ie sex or your virginity status
>>
>>16782044
I came across some very good advice the other day and have used it myself with great success.

Step 1 of 2: Think of when you talk to friends, how u move about, and how you generally act around friends.
Step 2 of 2: Adopt the same attitude you would as talking to friends to whoever you want to talk to.

Yes, it is that simple. People are much more likely to respond positively to you if you do this.
>>
>>16782408
Sometimes i get caught up with not stuttering that i fuck over, what do bro?
>>
When a guy approaches me in public, I'm on guard. I can't see myself ever going out with a guy I met this way. Most of the guys I've dated I met naturally, at college/through friends/etc. I'm not saying you're wasting your time, perhaps other women feel differently; but to me, widening your social network would get better results.
>>
>>16782472
How does one effectively widen their social network?
>>
>>16782516
By talking to people outside your friend group.
>>
>>16782533
I talk to people outside, but i'll sound very generic.
>>
>>16782533
Do i like go to bars and talk to people? Sorry i'm socially retarded
>>
>>16782533
this is circular logic...
to meet people you have to widen your social network by talking to people you don't know (aka meeting them)?
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
On the street, people want to be left alone. Try taking up a new hobby, where you can make new friends in a more natural setting. Are there any carpentry classes near you? Practice woodwork and you'll soon find yourself mobbed by hot chicks.
>>
>>16782698
I'm in college though, the only thing i can think of is to go to parties.
>>
>>16782762
Most schools have a lot of clubs and societies available, where you can take part in fun pursuits like carpentry while also making new friends. You only meet "party people" at parties.
>>
>>16782771
When you said that, i starting thinking about the cesspool over at the "japanese culture society"
>>
>>16782698
Srsly dude you're on almost every thread, thanks you made my day.
Top kek
>>
>>16782617
I'm >>16782472 but not >>16782533
I was thinking about this, and setting is important. If a guy approaches me at the grocery store or on the street, I assume he wants to fuck so I'm on guard, it puts me on the spot. If I meet the same guy in class or through a friend I'm more open to getting to know him because he has a reason to talk to me beyond wanting to fuck. Also, if I meet him through my friends they've already vetted him.
>>
>>16782822
But to meet new people who would introduce new people, you still have to fulfil step 1, meet new people right?
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
>>16782698
>Carpentry
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
>>16782051
This basically
>>
>>16782044
>this nigga doesn't know the three rules

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/sexual-harassment/2751966
>>
>>16783253
Kek
>>
>>16782044

To be honest, I think it is. If a conversation doesn't start organically, why force it?
>>
Pick up lines are very good at this sort of thing. While they may be considered stupid by some, they work great for breaking the tension and also they assure you won't move into serious territory (politics, etc.) They also show you're interested enough in talking to her that you're making an effort, even if the lines are terrible. This is also important. It shows you're willing to work to impress her.

If you want to avoid pick up lines altogether then use these two steps:

1. Seek a woman you find attractive. This can be anywhere, but the grocery store or coffee shop are very good places to practice. Time of day is also important. Go when lots of people are likely to be there. If you just want stress free practice and don't want to worry about rejection practice on house wives and men. Rejection is assured in theory so you won't stress over than and can just practice.

2. Ignore their sexuality. It's creepy because you're thinking with your dick. Approach them like a person who just wants to get to know them and see where things go. Even if your rate of success is low, eventually you'll get what you're seeking. Additionally each attempt gives you lessons.

I'm really surprised by the number of guys that think they should just "be able to talk to women". It's a skill like anything else, and you don't learn a skill without practicing. FYI sex isn't great the 1st time either.
>>
>>16783313
I'll kill myself if i have to resort to pick up lines, it gets so cringey when I imagine or see others do it, and can't imagine myself doing it
>>
>>16782044
Bump
>>
There's a girl who i see often at the bus stop and we often sit in the same pank. We also kinda make eye contact but i don't know how to approach her in a non-cringe way. Suggestions?
>>
>>16783290
What if you're an embarrassingly old virgin and no conversation has even started organically for you?

What if you've tried to get hobbies but they seem few and far between?
>>
File: image.png (650KB, 869x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
650KB, 869x738px
>>16782058
So if your good looking you can say anything and get bitches?
Tfw i wish i looked like sam
>>
I've started stepping out a bit, and I've noticed a TON of good looking girls go to my church. And they all love Jesus and are looking for friends to talk to. All I gotta do is say "Hey, how's it going? I'm Anon" and they typically are all smiles and get a conversation going from there.

I've got tons of numbers this way.

So yeah, just convert to Christianity and go to church and talk to girls.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.