[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF's dog recently died.~7 years old She's been closing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: please don't leave me.gif (427KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
please don't leave me.gif
427KB, 540x304px
GF's dog recently died.~7 years old

She's been closing herself off to pretty much her best friend and me. However, even so, she hasn't talked much. It's been almost a week since and all she ever does is cover it up by smiling 24/7 and laughing everything off. I'm very worried /adv/. Before we were all pretty close and we'd have conversations that would keep us up all night. But now she's just been going to bed crying.

I'm not quite sure how to comfort her or even talk to her anymore. I'm scared /adv/. She means the world to me and I don't want to lose her because she locked herself away.

tl;dr GF's dog passed; put on a facade for the past couple of days; don't know how to comfort her.
>>
Shameless bump
:^(
>>
>>16781843
With a 7.62

Why are white people obsessed with fucking dogs
>>
Show up unannounced and hold her.
Just hold her and have her cry.
>>
File: Drake-Hotline-Bling-screen-grab.png (2MB, 2378x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Drake-Hotline-Bling-screen-grab.png
2MB, 2378x1344px
>>16781956
>bedding a wench that sheds tears for canines
>>
>>16781942
It's like a childhood friend kind of thing, you just grow attached to them

>>16781956
Others said the same thing when I asked for help, not too sure about it because she's the type to be more optimistic around people rather than cry. Sounds weird when I really think about it but basically, she won't cry unless it's just us 2 where no one can ever see her.
>>
>>16781942
Why is this trip fag so unable to give advice on /adv/?

Swear, every time I see some unhelpful stupid shit, it's Dr. Kylo Pegasus (nice choice by the way, I can't tell if you're an underage preteen girl or an effeminate 12 yr old boy).

Shit, sometimes I even agree with the sentiment, but it's like you're the anti advice tripfag. Fuck off back to /b/ with your stupid shit.

As to the OP. Yeah, she was probably pretty attached to that dog. She'll come out of it in her own time, just stay in touch with her and encourage her (gently) to interact with the outside world.
>>
>>16782023
Someday he'll discover girls or develop other interests and stop shitting up this board. We can only hope, anyway.

Like, I fucking never pull the "get a girlfriend, loser!" card online, but I'm seriously floored by how much time he apparently spends shitposting on here, for no purpose at all.
>>
>>16781843

Be straight with her but comforting. Tell her you know something's up but offer comfort, man.

Some people try to stay strong and don't know the act is easily seen. She could be still grieving so play it safe. Just play it by ear I suppose.

When I lost my dog of 10 years I felt shitty for almost a month. Used to walk and play with him every day. Not hearing him bark when I walked out back fucking hurt and the yard still feels empty. I'd usually sit with a telescope on nights and pet him while looking at stars.
>>
>>16782023

Similar trip tried to act tough in a 'get it off your chest' thread to me before. Said something about me being a chimp and how he'd shoot me.

Suggest filtering or just ignoring. This unfortunate and foul motherfucker is up to no good here.
>>
>>16782052
She knows that I know, but I'm not sure how to proceed from here. If she's still grieving, are there any specific do's and don'ts?
>>
>>16782099

Different anon,
Not really, just be able and willing to listen. Don't try to offer solutions or things that are "on the brighter side / silver linings" that shit just makes you seem insensitive.
>>
OP Here

Another habit I've noticed has been that she'll always say she'll be better tomorrow, even though it ends up being a repeat of yesterday, silence and just closing up. Also thanks previous anons for the help!
>>
>>16781963
Go back to /b/ man. You ain't helping anybody. Seen your trip in about 4 threads now.
>>
>>16782127

This.

This isn't a problem you can fix, all you can do is be there.

>>16782138
'Better' doesn't necessarily mean 'it's all totally fine.' Each day might be a marginal improvement on the last.
>>
7 is pretty young, what were the circumstances if I may ask?

And was this very much just her dog? Did you have a relationship with it, are you grieving too? If not, have you ever lost a dog yourself, do you understand why she's grieving or is it sort of 'just a dog' to you?

Losing a pet is very personal, it's something that's difficult to really share with someone who didn't share a relationship with the animal.
I never cry in front of people, even my family. But I openly bawled in front of my whole family when our dog was put down, and they all did too, because we were all sharing the same pain and to pull back at such an important moment just isn't necessary. But I'd never share that grief with anyone else, it was ours. Just like when something is affecting me alone, or myself and friends etc, I won't share that with my family because it's mine.

You might just need to stay on the sidelines here and let her grieve in her own way, be there if she needs you but don't insert yourself too much. She's already facing the problem of grief, don't add to that by making your worry about her grieving method a problem too - that reads harsher than I mean it, but I don't know another way to phrase it. I'm not saying you're actually creating problems, either, it's just something to think about.

Obviously you're the boyfriend and ideally her pain would be yours by default, but maybe it's just not there yet. And that's okay. You can still support her if she needs to talk or make decisions etc.
If you want to nudge her to opening up, maybe ask her about the dog, swap some nice stories, share your own memories if you've lost pets (nothing about still-living ones! And try to avoid talking about actual deaths and tripping into 'my grief could beat up your grief' territory). Just don't approach it with a "you need to get better now" kind of "means to an end" attitude, or it's making her grief a problem as I was saying.
>>
>>16781981
people need catharsis no matter how optimistic they are.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.