[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in smallish town ~20k people >good friends with really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>live in smallish town ~20k people
>good friends with really nice chick
>talked a lot
>she starts hanging out with real trashy chicks
>becomes a real bitch
>was the only friend I enjoyed talking to
>last year
>hate everything about this town and just want to leave

How do I survive my last year before I go to University?
>>
sup joji
>>
Pick up a couple cool hobbies. Learn an instrument, learn a language, learn to dance, get in shape. Pick up a sport or a martial art. Do whatever. It doesn't matter.

I really hope this comes across as comforting and not patronizing: you're still just a baby. Honestly, my real life didn't even really start until university and I'm fucking fine. Never had sex, never had a girlfriend, didn't have many friends at all ... just keep your grades up so you can get into a decent-sized school with the kind of atmosphere you'll do well in.

A year is no time at all. It feels like a lot at your age, but it really isn't. Just use the time to pick up a few cool skills, keep your eyes open for anybody who might be worth befriending in the meantime, before you know it this'll all be a mildly unpleasant memory.
>>
>>16781833
well I've already got a diploma so that should help me get into a good uni. Any advice for when I start uni?
>>
>>16781881
Yeah, start a college advice thread on here. Or google for one.

I'm not trying to be snarky, there's just way more useful advice than I could possibly write in one short post on here. Keep your grades up there too, sign up for as many clubs and student organizations and shit as you possibly can on the first week, any and all that you could see yourself being the slightest bit interested in. Once you've settled in a little you can start to narrow down which ones you actually want to participate in.

Pick a university big enough that if you fuck up somehow with one group of friends you can just find another. Don't get super fucking hung up on some idealized notion of what it's gonna be like, either; there's going to be a transitional period before you really find your groove. If you're not getting laid and getting invited to parties within the first month or even the first semester, that's really OK. You're gonna spend a while there, you'll figure it out eventually.

There's my sage advice. For more you're gonna have to start a thread.
>>
>>16781977

im not OP, but this is great advice. Thanks
>>
>>16781822
Kek'd
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.