[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you know if you've got borderline personality disorder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nx19jjGY1V1rsxqqio1_400.jpg (13KB, 317x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx19jjGY1V1rsxqqio1_400.jpg
13KB, 317x322px
How do you know if you've got borderline personality disorder?
>>
See a relevant professional: psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, etc
>>
>>16781012
I don't want to waste their time if it's not anything.
>>
Two of my exes have it.

Usually, borderlines cycle through phases of idealization/devaluation. They fall in "love" quickly and out of it quicker.

They seek a lot of attention/affection. They usually have a "favorite person" that they seek the most attention/affection from. They get pretty insecure and often have problems with relationship permanence--if someone hasn't talked to you in a little while, clearly they must hate you.

Basically, if you're needy and it's fucking up your life you probably have it.
>>
>>16781010
See a professional, none of the posts so far can provide any help in a manner that is truthful and entirely correct.

Symptoms may present more subtly, and you may not display all symptoms, and still have the issue. You may also have something else that overlaps. No one here on /adv/ has the ability to truly tell you what is wrong.

Please go see someone who can help you if you need it, it really is a world of difference from a shithole like /adv/, for problems like a personality disorder.
>>
>>16781028
Okay. I don't think that sounds like me.

>>16781092
I'm scared they'll just decide I'm nuts and trap me in some looneyhouse.
>>
>>16781010
>>16781016
That's how you fucking know. If you think you might have it, it isn't a waste of time for them to check. That's their actual job.
>>
>>16781743
The last time I tried to get a diagnosis for something else, they just told me it's "teenage turmoil" and that it'll go away on its own. I'm 22 and it hasn't.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.