[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to the dentist last Monday for the first time in almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Teeth.jpg (106KB, 800x546px) Image search: [Google]
Teeth.jpg
106KB, 800x546px
Went to the dentist last Monday for the first time in almost nine years (I didn't have insurance or much money for a long time, and I've always had good teeth) due to some discomfort while chewing. They took x-rays and found three cavities, the first I've ever had- one larger one and two small ones, all on the same side. Went back last Wednesday and had them all dealt with in one two-and-a-half hour marathon session. Cut to today, four days later, and I'm having discomfort, sensitivity, and pain still whenever I chew on that side. I'm kind of freaked out and worrying that there might be something more wrong. Is this kind of aftereffect normal?
>>
It means that the fillings need to be adjusted. Very common when you have that many done at the same time. There's no way you can tell at that time whether they are right due to all the numbness and trauma in 3 spots at once.
>>
I had the same problem, sort of.

I have two cavities on either side of my mouth that were fixed when I was a kid. They started hurting out of nowhere, but only with certain foods. First it was one side, then it was the other. I had assumed it was because the fillings were damaged or fell out or something.

When I went to the dentist they said everything was a-ok and that I just had sensitive teeth. They told me to use a particular toothpaste every day and to come back in 4 months to see if its gotten better. One side has gotten better. The other still hurts but its better.
>>
>>16780433

How do I tell where they need to be adjusted- or does the dentist do that? They definitely don't meet like they used to, but I can't really figure out by feel exactly where. I've been avoiding chewing back there, but it's like any pressure at all on those spots sends off twinges.
>>
Did your dentist make you bite on something at the end? That was to ensure the filling was aligned correctly.

It may be uncomfortable for a few days after, but let it work in and maybe it'll feel better. If it doesn't you may also have cavities in between your teeth that are causing sensitivity.
>>
>>16780475
They did. If this is indeed normal, how long can I expect this discomfort to last? I did some googling and a lot of places say 2-4 weeks and after the last few days I'm going completely insane.
>>
stop chewing on that side ffor a while dumbass
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.