[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever reached the stage of being single where they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Has anyone ever reached the stage of being single where they are almost content being single, or feel like they have very little interest in pursuing people? Perhaps content isn't the correct word. I've just grown accustomed to it, but probably not content. I don't know how to describe it. I'm 28, I've been single for over a year now.

I would like a relationship. But I have nothing to offer. I'm going back to college this year (UK), and I'm overweight and I don't think I'm attractive.

I used to be active on dating websites. I would treat them like job searching. Browse through until I found someone I liked to message. I could easily spend hours every week looking. Now I just don't have the energy. No interest. No girl stands out to me, either on the internet or real life.

I would like a relationship. I know I would. But I don't feel like I'm meant for relationships. I have had them. But it's usually resulted in being cheated on/screwed around, and I get very little success. Perhaps that's the cause? I'm not sure. It doesn't help Valentines day is coming up.

Screenshot just whatever I found on my desktop.
>>
>>16780355
Stop jacking off and you're good to go
>>
File: tumblr_o1bwgvyAiK1twkwv7o1_1280.jpg (222KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1bwgvyAiK1twkwv7o1_1280.jpg
222KB, 1200x900px
I was in an on and off relationship for about five years. My experience of relationships is that they're double edged swords. I was happier at an earlier time in my life when I was by myself. I've decided I want to try living independently.

My advice to you is be very honest with yourself about why you're choosing to stop pursuing relationships - if it's because youre hurt or angry and this is your protest against that or a self pitying resignation then you wont ever be happy. It's a toxic mindset.

To be happy living independently you need to accept that you will, at times, feel lonely and isolated. But so does everyone, even those people in relationships. You need to feel a genuine sense of optimism about pursuing a life of independence. You need to throw yourself wholeheartedly into everything that makes you happy.
>>
I have transcended that into no human interaction. I just gave up and been content being a hermit in the urban jungle. It's just not worth it anymore.
>>
>>16780389
For me it is always the reverse. When I'm in a relationship I'm far more productive and outgoing. My general interests are solo. Gaming/reading, the usual indoorsy type stuff. When I've been in a relationship, these take a back seat. I'm far more likely to plan a trip to a musuem/camping/plan a nice restaurant/bowling/festivals etc. It's not as if I was forced or, I just felt happy and wanted to do these things. When I'm single, I have no interest in these things. Even if friends offered me the chance to go to a restaurant, it's just not the same as going with a significant other.

This is the thing - I don't know why I'm choosing to stop pursuing relationships. It's probably one of the reasons I made this thread. A part of me believes its to do with how hard dating is for me. I'm not exaggerating with how hard it is. I'm a 270lbs guy, after all. But it's never stopped me before, so why now? I guess I'm interested in hearing other people here to see if its something I can relate to.
>>
>>16780415

The early stages of love are like a drug. If you felt more productive and motivated to do things it's because the early infatuation of love is a rush. How long was your longest former relationship? And how did it end? If it barely lasted a few years, I'd question whether you even know what it feels like to move beyond the infatuation/honeymoon stage. Maybe realising this (If it is infact true) might help you think more clearly about how to really feel about relationships.

It might also be that, being a larger guy, that dating is hard work and it's just worn you down.
>>
>>16780355
well as someone who has been on the outer of society for about 7 years, i can saftley say i have no desire to be in a relationship anymore. I have had only a handful of them but they were lacklustre at breast, and i really see no point entering into one if you are a male; being that if you invest sufficient time and effort the woman has the potential to take half your shit and go sleep with someone else, then there is the guilt trips, nagging, implied responsibilities, monetary drains ect... I cannot for the life of me why anyone with half a brain would put up with this shit, i mean sure you like each other for a time but after that wears off you are left with logical conclusions.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.