[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys.. I will probably get a job next week as a seller in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: hello-my-name-is-anxiety.png (73KB, 1127x711px) Image search: [Google]
hello-my-name-is-anxiety.png
73KB, 1127x711px
hey guys.. I will probably get a job next week as a seller in a computer and entertainment store. on one side I'm happy as I will finally get a job and will be able to work in a field that i love - computers, peripherals, vidya etc.. on the other hand i have a case of social anxiety so I'm worried how i will deal with clients and so on..
Was anyone in similar situation? I'd like some advices.. I'm 21, Thanks in advance
>>
>>16778312
Well.

I worked in an office supply store that specialized in computers,phones and god damn office supplies. Had a small case of social anxiety too, but mostly solved after that.

Interested in listening in?
>>
>>16778323
Definitely, please share
>>
focus on your job. Speak using your knowledge, rely on your strengths. You'll be fine.

'mild social anxiety' is well within the range of normal. You'll be fine.
>>
>>16778333
Alright, should take me a while to post it all since i'm at work.

Basically, worked as a seller,shift manager,store vice manager and at times manual laborer over my time working there for 2 years. Started at 18 and finished at 20 all while studying in "college" (long story, but education is education).

At first i was rather anxious of customers, fellow employees and the management. Though i managed to scourge up a lil bit and talk to customers properly after a couple of hours or so (knew what to say and how to talk to people somehow), so despite being slightly socially retarded at first, they kept me because i was doing good sales and overall doing what i was told. So after a while of working with people i mostly understood how much of a drag my social anxiety was, and kinda let that go. It's one of these things you don't have to work with, you have to work to diminish it. Build up some confidence and remember that customers come in 3 varieties: People who know what they want to buy,People who casually saw it and walked, and people who don't know jackshit and expect you to help them do the best choice. Now the rest of the story isn't much beneficial but feel free to read.

The rest of the story as follows; Manager was a bitch, rest of the staff were nice and i worked in that store (It's a small chain of stores) for about a year before moving on to the newly opened store. Staff there changed a lot in the early days, i was both shift manager and vice manager for a couple of months. Manager of the new store was the younger sister of the guy who owned the network of stores. She knew how stand up to customers and gave us good working conditions, but otherwise running the store was left to me and the other permanent employee

Though i still have the social tact of a brick at times, but these moments rarely happen anymore.
>>
>>16778312
Remember that you know more than the customers and they are coming to you for help. You don't have to impress them - they're already impressed because you're the salesman.

After a few experiences of helping someone because you know more than they do, you will feel more secure and less anxious.

(Indeed, this may cure your social anxiety entirely - finding yourself capable of functioning in one context will make other contexts less scary.)
>>
>>16778370
>>16778373
>>16778526
Thanks guys! Means a lot to me. I also think that in some way it will help me suppress my social anxiety. I just have to break the ice.
>>
>>16778312
I personally have just avoided looking for customer servicey type of jobs so great on you for doing something I couldn't . I've figured to slow the process in doing stuff that wouldn't require that that maybe I'd get more comfortable socially to then move up to something more socially involved even if it wasn't selling stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.