[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I Make A Mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: All is Blue.jpg (371KB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
All is Blue.jpg
371KB, 2000x1200px
I am currently engaged, but the last two days, for the first time IN MY LIFE, I found myself doubting the wisdom of my decision.

I love her with all that I am, there is no 'other woman'... I just am sick of the drama with her.

More now than ever, I just feel alone, /adv/. What do?
>>
>>16778079
How long have you been with her.
>>
>>16778079
How close is the wedding? My original thought was just cold feet before I read the drama sentence.

What kind of drama is it? I mean, if the drama is unbearable, why are you signing up for "to death (or divorce) do us part" with her?
>>
>>16778079
3 years.
>>
>>16778111
Has she been full of drama for the duration?
>>
>>16778099
Wedding is two years off. It's just issues with the 'in-laws'.

Her parents dislike me, extremely. Even though I am a provider with a steady job, solid income, my own vehicle, etc., they don't like me.

Her father is also violent and emotionally/verbally abusive.
>>
>>16778116
Not HER, per se, but her family causes a lot of it. On both sides.
>>
>>16778121
Are they a big part of her life? Or would you see her being more a part of your family.
>>
>>16778122
OK hold the phone. Is your name romeo?
>>
>>16778121
Ah, okay, makes more sense now. Sorry for assuming.

Does she have a strong tie to her parents? It sounds to me that she should get as far away from her dad's abuse and manipulation as possible.

desu, who cares what asshole abusive dad thinks? is her mother abusive as well?
>>
>>16778128
No, this is not a 'everyone do the dinosaur' greentext flub. I genuinely need advice here. :/
>>
>>16778124
>>16778130
She's closer to my family than her own, to be honest.

Yes, she is. More verbal and emotional. Not very supportive.

Ties are strong due to blood, but that's it.
>>
>>16778136
Just checking. Alright from someone who has been married and divorced, don't get married if you can't support both you and her. People get sick blah blah blah. In regards to her family if her father is trash don't let that affect how you feel about her. You're marrying her not her father. If no date has been set I would consider postponing another year or two so you can get to know her better. People change from year to year. If she's your the one don't let anyone stop you from being with her. But remember. Half your shit is quite a bet to make. Knowing her more time and getting her folks used to the situation of you being permanent will only increase your odds of having a successful relationship.
>>
>>16778079
how long have you two lived in the same house?

About her family drama problems: have you confronted her about them and what is her stance on it?
>>
>>16778144
Is your fiancee ready to leave an abusive environment and cut off the toxic people in her life? If she's not ready to remove herself from that, then it might not be wise to get married so quickly. I agree with the other anon, it may be a good idea to push things back a bit.

As a girl from an emotionally abusive home, it took a lot for me to finally leave my parents. If she's not there yet, I don't think getting married right away is the right move. The residual emotions are going to be hard to deal with. I'm not saying break up - don't! I'm just saying that she needs to get out of there, and she'll probably need your help to do it.
>>
>>16778181
Asl? I'm that other anon btw.
>>
>>16778188
22 / not male / maplesyrupville
>>
>>16778269
Well your story intrigued me. Did you have a breaking point that caused you to leave or did a hero come rescue you?
>>
>>16778277
Kind of both. My dad was emotionally abusive and my mom used it against him in court when they split up. Afterwards, she kind of became an enabler and kind of wanted me to accept my dad for what he was: a manipulative asshole who "just loved me so much".

I was always aware of how shitty my dad was and I was ready to just be done with it, but its hard when you're from a small town. However, I met a guy and ended up moving internationally to attend a university in Canada. That is what actually got me out of the area and away from him. It's much easier to manage my parents from 3000 miles away. I only speak to my dad ~2x per month tops, but talk to my mom quite frequently.

Sorry for spilling my guts on your thread, OP. Maybe a female perspective similar to your gf's will be useful!
>>
>>16778159

Just correcting you, people don't change from year to year, they just show more faces, i think 3 years is pretty soon to get engaged imo.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.