[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm up at 3am have sore throat, chills, persistent cough,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

So I'm up at 3am have sore throat, chills, persistent cough, feel week as fuck with tons of nasty mucus. I went to the ER yesterday and they only gave me mucinex which makes me cough more. They say I have a "viral infection". I can't afford to be sick right now so if I go to am urgent care would it be possible that they give me an antibiotic? You know something that actually works.
>>
>>16778013
Patience, faggot.
>>
>>16778013
If you're in america go to any publix and ask for zpack. Its an antibiotic that doesn't require a prescription. Also take the mucinex its breaking up the phlem in your chest. Lots of warm liquids and dayquil nyquil for the rest of your symptoms.
>>
>>16778013
>viral infection
>give me an antibiotic
How dumb can you get?
>>
>>16778024
see >>16778027
>>
>>16778027
Last time they gave me amoxicillin for something similar to this it went away in a day.
>>
>>16778038
>different drugs effect you differently.

Fucking weird.
>>
>>16778042
All you people would want an antibiotic if you felt as miserable as me. You guys are lucky that you can get out of bed without fighting not to fall over.
>>
>>16778054
Medicine takes time, asshole. Be patient.
>>
>>16778032
Cause that viral infection can't cause a bacterial one right....
>>
>>16778063
Because using antibiotics all willy nilly when they are not needed (PROTIP: they're for BACTERIAL infections, not for VIRAL) is why we have MRSA nowadays.
>>
>>16778367

This.

Also, it's not just about doing what's best for everyone, but yourself. Taking antibiotics when you don't need them means that you have the side effects (stress on your digestive system, death of healthy intestinal flora) without the benefits.
Antivirals shouldn't be used for simple illnesses in healthy people because they will reduce the body's natural immune response, which means that you won't have the same immunity after you beat the illness than you would if you beat it naturally. This is a great way to ensure that you'll be more susceptible to illness in the future.
>>
Hopefully you get well soon.
It's probably nothing, but all those symptoms are also associated with heart failure. Do you find laying flat makes the coughing worse, do you feel bloated or have swollen ankles at all?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.