[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought uni was going to be a place where great minds come

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1454398452255.jpg (92KB, 693x600px) Image search: [Google]
1454398452255.jpg
92KB, 693x600px
I thought uni was going to be a place where great minds come to be free from limits, where smart people did crazy stuff and blew things up or created amazing things just for the hell of it. Is there such a university on this Earth that has that? I'm attending one of the top unis in my country for physics, and most people seem pretty normal, and just spend a long time reading stuff. Nobody pulls off some crazy shit for fun, nobody challenges the science, they just do the required work and then go out drinking on the weekend.
>>
Where in the world did this idea of what university was supposed to be like come from?
>>
Just try finding a cool lab faggot.
>>
>>16778000
A whole university? Probably not. Potentially a society/club but those are usually revolved around alcohol.

TLDR no
>>
>>16778011
Just my idea of it. I mean if you have some of the smartest people in the world all in one place, don't you think they're going to pull off some smart pranks or build something cool just for fun? Like maybe they build robots to fight with?
>>16778016
The people in my labs are pretty normal, they can regurgitate the stuff we learn in lectures but they rarely question anything, they don't want to do anything but wait for the end of the day when they can drink and go clubbing.
>>
>>16778020
I heard that at MIT people just build stupid things because they can. They would hack the uni network or build a rocket just for fun, and I imagined that's the norm.
>>
>>16778000
The fun stuff goes on on the graduate and post-doc levels. You are there to learn the basics so you will be ready for it. Be a star in your courses and a professor might offer you a chance to work in his lab, where the real science goes o n.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.