[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me your experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (3KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 254x198px
How would you react/how have you reacted before to dating someone who ended up having different political views? Not even entirely but just disagreed with you on something?

I've ruined relationships because of this... I'll be stubborn and it makes sense to me at the time to be mad at the person, but until everything's over then I realize "shit... I forget I once believed differently than I do now... was it worth it?"

Anyway, stories?
>>
If they're irrelevant to our daily lives, we just don't talk about them. Otherwise I think about how much it matters and break up if it's a big problem.
>>
>>16777399
if you liked them before the dispute, chances are its not a huge difference in worldviews. However, you can still have the discussion as long as they are the kind of person who can handle debate. Otherwise its really just your own judgement call on if its worth the relationship and if you dont think they will change views.
>>
>>16777399

It really shouldn't matter enough to ruin a relationship. You judge people by their actions, not their opinions, you'll find there are a lot of perfectly good people out there whose beliefs are very different from yours. And as you mentioned before, beliefs can change, a person's general nature and values and attitudes towards the relationship are much more important than what they have to say about today's current events.

Though these issues are weighty, you have to admit that most of our individual contributions are not. You're basically ruining a relationship over one individual vote. That's like dumping someone just because they really love Coldplay and you think Coldplay sucks. You might be able to convince yourself that you were right about Coldplay, but you're still alone
>>
>>16777404
This

Politics just divides people and it has no place in normal conversation.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.