[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greasy hair and acne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: greasy hair.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
greasy hair.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
My hair usually looks fine, but around 16 hours after I shower it get greasy, and that doesn't look good around 9-10 pm. My forehead is also covered with a patch of acne. How do I fix these problems?
>>
>>16777303

top of my non doctor head, speaking from experience and anecdotes...

You're probably either particularly greasy and therefore can do absolutely nothing..

Or maybe you wash your hair too much.
Everytime you wash your hair (or your skin for that matter) you're stripping off some protective layers and grease.
Your body will respond by producing more.
Sometimes its good to skips showers, or skip soap and scrubbing.

Or you eat too much bacon.

Or its none of the above.
>>
I started avoiding fat foods and my acne is less worse than before. Not touching your face helps too.
>>
>>16777314
I used to shower every other day and these problems would appear. Starting this August I showered every day (with a few exceptions) and my hair is still greasy and I still have acne.
>>
>>16777317
I was afraid of this. I love sugary foods.
>>
Try not shampooing it as often. Go with shampoo one day and conditioner the next. Conditioner will still pick up any debris in your hair and it smells nice enough. It just won't be as effective at stripping the oils off of your hair and scalp. Maybe that's why your body is overcompensating so much. Hopefully the acne will resolve in time as well, but it wouldn't hurt to blot your face with a clean towel during the day too. Even a paper towel in a bathroom would do.
>>
>>16777335
I use a combination shampoo/conditioner. Should I stop using it?
>>
>>16777340
I tend to find that those are garbage, but the important part here is that they still contain a shampoo. It means you're still applying a detergent to your head every time you shower. Skipping one or even two days at a time in favor of conditioner-only might help. You'll still clean the gunk out of your hair so it won't be dirty or smelly. At worst it'll just look a little flat.
>>
>>16777348
I just bought a new bottle, but I'll try to keep it in mind.
>>
>>16777375
I suspect you could also afford to buy a separate conditioner too and alternate use between both. It's only a few bucks to test the theory.
>>
>>16777326

You don't have to cut it out entirely, just limit yourself. You shouldn't have more than one dessert/candy/sugary treat on most days. Same goes for super-greasy foods like french fries, fried chicken, bacon, burgers, etc. You can have it sometimes, you just have to balance it out with vegetables, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins. Balance and portion control are much more important than completely quitting certain foods and binging on others.
>>
>>16777303

I think everyone's hair gets a bit greasy at 16 hours. Use head & shoulders shampoo in the morning, this cleared up some minor acne/greasy skin on my forehead.
>>
try not shampooing/conditioning at all! shampoo/conditioner/bodywash is pretty unnatural. If you eat healthy enough, water alone should make you clean in da shower
>>
>>16777386
Well fuck. I live on a college campus and those foods are really the only ones that taste any good.
>>
>>16777424

Start learning to cook for yourself. It's much cheaper and easier to eat healthy, you'll start feeling 5 times better. Diet is much more important than you think, you don't really realize it until your mid-20s or so, but we're not built to eat that processed shit for every meal. Once you start eating real food, health problems that you thought were just normal will start going away.

Don't go for any extreme diets, if you try to deprive yourself completely of the stuff that you like, you'll just end up relapsing and binging and giving up completely. But once you adjust to other foods you'll find that you don't even really want that stuff all that often.

The first and easiest step, if you don't already do this, is to start drinking lots of water instead of sodas or juices or whatever. That's where a lot of people really overdose on sugar and could easily be the source of your greasy skin if you drink a lot of that stuff
>>
Human skin is naturally oily. Don't touch your face unless you have to.

I used to have a bit of acne on my chest and Clearasil took care of it. I still use it from time to time, but I really do feel it worked for me. I would also recommend staying away from really greasy foods, eat baked stuff instead of fried foods.

Best of luck to you fellow acne bro.
>>
>>16777423
gtfo no-poofag. y'all niggers shit up /fa/
>>
>keep showering daily
>less shampoo, think of using no more than the size of a quarter
>if that doesn't help, every other day
>rinse off during the afternoon/evening
>wash your face
>don't touch your face unless it's necessary
>fresh towels on your pillowcase daily
>>
>>16777498
In that third line what should I do every other day?
>>
>>16777326
Sugary is not the same as greasy, I just stopped eating avocados and fried food and the acne went away.
>>
>>16777498
>fresh towels on your pillow case daily

This. And change your sheets every two or three weeks.

Also consider the following:

I still eat quite a bit of sugary foods myself, but after starting to do both these thingsmy acne has begun to fade away.
>>
>>16777531
shampoo, in that same, quarter-sized amount. also get a shampoo that's for your hair type (oily)
>>
>>16777303
sweep your hair to the side or side and upwards. try to get some natural/organic shampoo or whatever, something that doesnt dry out your hair too much. eventually your scalp's oil production should normalize. i'm not saying you're not gonna be oily/greasy, some people are just naturally greasy. but, if you dry out your scalp with harsh shampoos and very hot water, there is a chance you can become less greasy.
>>
It's a reflection of your diet.
>>
>>16777571
>change your sheets every two or three weeks.
Filthy beast. It's on a weekly basis. Pillowcases even more often, depending on how greasy your skin naturally is.
>>
>>16777707
I haven't changed my pillow cases in 3 months. I just shower well before sleeping.
>>
Accutane will reduce the sebum and take care of the acne.
Also if you're thinning it could be your hair seems greasy because there's less of it,, but the same amount of sebum.
>>
>>16777754

Accutane is a pretty extreme measure and not really advisable unless lighter treatments and dietary changes have failed to help
>>
>>16777719
Because no natural skin grease forms whilst you're sleeping and no dead skin cells fall of your face?
You're disgusting, even for a neckbeard.
>>
>>16777303
There's a dry powder shampoo - it looks like talcum powder. You dust it into your hair and then comb/brush it out. Carry a can, go into a bathroom early in the evening, and use it to degrease your hair
>>
>>16777303
The acne can be cured through many things:

a more varied and thus healthier diet (fruit & veggis for you americans, eat them !), a shorter time between showers (1-2 days should be the norm) and keeping clean the clothes & places where you sleep.

Also, acne will go away when you leave puberty, but that might take its sweet time. Go see a doctor, it certainly helped me.

About the hair: If its ok for 16 hours, what is the problem?? do you shower at 5 in the morning or what? Why not shower before going out for the night?
>>
Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>16778146
I shower anywhere from midnight to three in the morning. I don't want to get up earlier to shower.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.