[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with people who believes in street knowledge(experiences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1454369042054.jpg (197KB, 1080x794px) Image search: [Google]
1454369042054.jpg
197KB, 1080x794px
How do you deal with people who believes in street knowledge(experiences by living on the streets) over academic knowledge?. I srsly cant stand their stupidity and i dont know how to deal with them without losing my shit
>>
I roll my eyes and move on. I used to live in the ghetto and I've never been keen on the kind of mindset it produces.

You won't get through to them, so apply some of that freedom of association.
>>
They are clueless, but people who only know things they were told in class, rather than having a wide range of knowledge about everything, are even worse.
>>
>>16776413
Disagree. Those booksmart experience none guys are more annoying sure, and that rare chance one might go rampage is creppy, but street smart people equate to hustlers and gang members in the worst case scenario. And I don't have any time or desire to deal with that shit.
>>
>>16776386
Academic knowledge'll get ya through college
But knowledge of the streets will keep you alive
At least this is what I tell myself. Having both is ideal but those who think they're superior for having expertise in one or the other gets annoying
>>
"Street knowledge" isn't shit. Knowing where to buy weed, what neighborhoods the local gangs hang out on, and being able to spot common petty grifts popular in your local area are things that fucking anybody can pick up on. People who believe that these things matter are people who have nothing else because they're on the bottom rungs of society and need to feel like they have at least SOMETHING that they can call their own.

If they had the opportunity to trade that shit for twenty IQ points and admission into a college they'd do it in a fucking heartbeat.
>>
>>16776425
Thing is that someone who spends time studying is much more likely to be a reasonable person with deep thoughts while street smart people are mostly ignorants who only trust their personal experience and cant comprehend half of the words you say. To worsen it even more some justify their ignorance by saying they were too busy at work or raising kids and therefor they didnt have enough time to read books. As if i never worked before or something, or if as people never have been working and studying at the same time
>>
>>16776386
>>16776473
Street smarts is a euphemism for people skills which booksmart Aspergers patients like you guys lack....obviously.Thinking it means where to buy weed etc. where you joking I hope?
>>
let the hate flow through you op
>>
>>16776643

I don't know where you come from, but no it isn't. People skills have jack shit to do with street smarts. Charisma is also a teachable skill, though some have innate talent for it while others don't, and a few are socially retarded.

>which booksmart Aspergers patients like you guys lack.... obviously

Man, not only do you not know what street smarts actually are (most people in polite society call it being "worldly"), but you have mistaken it for social intelligence and lash about about it. You must be lower class.
>>
>>16776643
I haven't seen a doctor graduated from street university yet. What comes from the streets is just basic knowledge you acquire just by hanging around for a while
>>
>>16776700
Street smarts is interchangeable with common sense. When people say the former they mean the latter and vice versa. You are a retard by the way.

>someone got butthurt
>>
>>16776700
>personal attacks
>a true sign of someone of intelligence
>>
How do you have to "deal" with these people anyways?
I mean obviously since you think book smarts are superior I assume you've moved out of the rough area of town and make bank money or at least a middle class wage in suburbia?

In any case, as >>16776449 says, street smarts are vital if you're stuck in a bad neighbourhood without any chance to progress. Book smarts won't save you then.
>>
>>16776728

Actually book smarts are pretty much the only thing that will save you, because college is one of the main two ways out of poverty.
>>
>>16776643
That's what I was literally about to say.
I don't know what kind of sheltered life hear guys are living but "street smarts" refer to skills you don't learn in schools. Some may even call it common sense.
I suppose you really have to have street smarts in order to really know what it is
>>
>>16776728
Because in an inmigrant(i used to go to college but job opportunities in my country were really rare) and im living with people who migrated here because they were shit poor(mainly due to lack of proper education but also because shit hit the fan in their home country).
Im a well educated folk overall and i tend to listen to everyones opinion but accepting living on the street as a way to wisdom far more important than studying is just ridiculous. Life improves when you study and get a deep knowledge, knowing how to deal with people is just something you learn by living and going out, and im pretty sure ive learnt all that when i was a teenager or a young adult, it doesnt really require any intellectual effort, just common sense(which is the lowest level of thinking, basic reasoning)
>>
Having one without the other is fucking useless. Being a jack of all trades is better than being a master of one.
>>
>>16776473
Yes and no.
My bf is like this and I am a PhD and I thought it would be a great combo bc people always tell me I do not have street smarts but this guy is SOOOOO annoying and he chose not to do anything to better himself because he worships black rappers.
>>
>>16776386
I think both are equally important.
>>
>>16777759
You're wasting your time with that guy. You're proving the point that street smarts are more valuable than academia.
>>
>>16777759
I hope youre kidding, you have a PhD and youre dating a nigger?. What in the hell is wrong with you?, jesus fuck...
>>
>>16777824
>>16777824
>xD i am LE edgELorD!
>>
>>16777850
>got PhD in order to improve her life
>says she dates a ghetto nigger which is the complete opposite thing to intelligence and education
>calls me edgelord for pointing that out

You're mental right?
>>
>>16777907
>He worships black rappers
>ctrl + f "My boyfriend is black"
>Phrase not found

Learn to read, edgelord.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.