[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Stripling-Warriors_art.jpg (55KB, 650x325px) Image search: [Google]
Stripling-Warriors_art.jpg
55KB, 650x325px
Mormons Only Please
I am of the age to serve a Mission, but do not have the desire to serve a Mission. For whatever reason, I do not feel that it is something I am to do. I seem more focused on vidya's, 4chan Lurking, Music, and other shit. There are many people in many wards and States who see a Missionary in me, and many Missionaries who see a good Missionary in me, but I do not see it. I have discussed this with my Bishop, and he has declared that my lack of desire to serve a Mission is too subliminal to not serve. Under his command I have stopped playing vidya to focus more on my Mission, which has not made any more progress than with vidya. My Mission Papers are submitted, but my Bishop is holding the papers until he believes I am "Field-Ready" in case I do not go to the MTC. It has been a concern to me large enough for me to post a thread on 4chan. Advice?
>>
>>16775807
Your just lazy. Playing vidya and lurking 4chan are both meaningless do nothing activities.
>>
>>16775807
Quit your cult.

If you believe in God it should be a personal relationship.
>>
>>16776855
OP here

There is and has been other things I've been doing outside 4chan and vidya. like I said, it seems like the desire isn't there, as I find other tasks to do.

Ex: Exercising, Blacksmithing, Leatherwork, Engineering, Organising.

Really without Vidya I find other things to do. Not much laziness, just lack of desire. I was hoping for advice on what I should do in my situation
>>
>>16776886
>Blacksmithing
not OP but how would I get into this? What is the entrance cost? Is it something you have to do at a specific place?
>>
>>16775807
Morons are heretics.
>>
>>16775807
Even islam is closer to christianity than mormonism.
>>
>2016
>practicing a religion
>>
>>16776894
$8000-$10000 to go

location and language is decided for you.
>>
>>16775807
Pagan worship
>>
>Mormons Only Please
>>
>>16776917
PAGANS
>>
OP here.

can somefag direct me to the Advice Board? Looking for some helpful information.
>>
Look all this stupid calls of pagans and whatnot aside, as well as my personal opinions on these stupid-ass missions (I fundamentally believe that denying people the aid they seek until they are coerced into your religion is stupid, and a lot of "missionary work" is better served by qualified professionals who actually know what they are doing), I believe at this point in time you should just do a mission that conflicts least with your current obsessions and get it over and done with. Have you considered going to say, Japan and rekindling your inner weeaboo with the mission work?
>>
>>16776941

>>16776911

>Location and Language is assigned.
>implying random location in the world.
>>
>>16776951
It's actually not really assigned, I've known Mormons who have taken electives, because even the church recognises that hey, perhaps a spanish speaking Mormon would do a lot better in Latin America than sending this other guy who speaks weeb from playing visual novels. The church also recognises that some areas you just don't send people over - like, do you think just because it's "random" there are mormons serving in North Korea or Syria right now?

You can actually absolutely talk to your bishop to have certain changes or limitations placed on your mission assignment.
>>
It seems pretty straightforward to me - do you feel a call from God to go on a mission?

If yes, go - if not, don't go.
>>
>>16775807
I'm a ex mormon. I never went on my mission. This is my take.

Mission service is pretty awesome. You get to travel and learn language that is pretty cool. I personally don't believe in it anymore, but If you are on the fence. I say go.
>>
>>16776981
>>16777017

OP here, thank you.
>>
>>16776975
there are missionaries who have and are serving in North Korea and Syria, possibly even worse locations.

only two decisions to place in paperwork is: Within Country, or Anywhere. Although a Spanish Speaker would be great in a Spanish Speaking Field, there are many who serve in different language fields.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.