[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ i seriously need to stop biting my nails and my skin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Hydrangeas.jpg (581KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hydrangeas.jpg
581KB, 1024x768px
hey /adv/ i seriously need to stop biting my nails and my skin got any tipps how i can stop this bullshit addiction?
>>
>>16775439
Paint them. Paint tastes very bitter.
>>
>>16775439
Dip your fingers in ipecac and let it dry. Every time you bite your nails you'll vomit. It's the same way they teach sheep to not eat crops while eating weeds.
>>
>>16775452
dont think thats legal in my country germany
>>
>>16775460
Get some Carapichea ipecacuanha root and rhizome and make your own.
>>
do you have excoriation disorder?
>>
>>16775490
>excoriation disorder
i guess a bit sometimes my fingers bleed
>>
>>16775496
and is it just on your fingers or face too?
>>
>>16775498
i enjoy popping zits sometimes too much i do it hen im nervous when im bored sometimes even when im hungry
>>
I used to be the same, but it got out of hand when I started scarring my skin and it began lowering my self esteem. I still bite my fingers from time to time and bite at my skin but I've gotten better. Look up dermatophagia and excoriation disorder if you wanna read about it. Idk if yours is that bad, but I have a few tips on how I dealt with mine
-I used to pick at my nails and skin when I was bored, sometimes I didn't even realise I was doing it. Carry around blutack or something to keep your hands busy when you get the urge
-Avoid closely inspecting your skin or nails. I had this weird obsession with ''perfection'' and if I saw the tiniest piece of skin or ragnail or spot, I would furiously pick at it and I would find it so satisfying when I got rid of that flaw. I just had to stop myself whenever I noticed I was looking for something to pick and try distract myself in some otheway
-You can try those nail polish formulas like ''stop 'n' grow'', I don't think they're that great now as I just got used to the taste
Anyway those are just a few things I did, there's plenty more online though
hope this helps a lil
>>
>>16775439
>>16775496
>>16775504

Musst mit dem Mist aufhören. Bestens solltest du anfangen dich vernünftig zu pflegen, Fingernägel richtig schneiden und feilen, und Pickel in Ruhe lassen und Salbe kaufen...
>>
>>16775521
holy shit this is so me its lowering my self esteem but im such an outoing dude i dont know why im doing that..
>>
>>16775533
yeah man as I said mine got pretty bad. I naturally have good skin, but sometimes I would pick at it for hours on end. It got so bad, at least as a girl I was able to cover up with makeup, but that also slowed the healing process and it was a bit of a vicious cycle. Some people consider it OCD, I would too in a way as it almost seemed like a psychological problem. I could be up until 2-3am on a school night picking at my face in a mirror. As I said, I had to learn to stop observing my nails and face for flaws to try and ''fix''. It's hard but there are ways of training yourself to stop the habit
>>
>>16775460
>dont think thats legal in my country germany
I'd be surprised to hear that ipecac wasn't legal.

You're better off just painting your nails, though. Clear, with a matte finish, if you don't want people to know. They make special anti-nailbiting polishes, but the regular stuff taste disgusting enough on it own: not enough to vomit, but enough to act as a deterrent.

Alternatively, you could learn sign language. Many people who use sign language paint their nails, because it makes the signs easier to distinguish. This gives you an excuse to paint your nails without having to tell people that it's because you bite them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.