[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've finished highschool recently, and since about 2013

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: aXm7190xjU.jpg (77KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm7190xjU.jpg
77KB, 650x650px
I've finished highschool recently, and since about 2013 I've had the strong desire to build a gaming PC. In the past week though, I've lost interest in this because:
1. My university degree is going to involve lots of work and study, meaning that I can't play as much games as I have previously
2. I'm starting to lose interest in gaming as a whole; they also make me extremely angry at times
3. The cost of building one (in my country) is pretty damn high, and it would be a waste of money (because I wouldn't play that many games anyway)

The problem is, now I'm starting to feel empty inside. I've been so obsessed over this computer (in my spare time for the past few years I researched parts and stuff), and now I feel like a part of me is missing; now that I'm not going to build one.

I guess my questions are:
1. What can I do about this empty feeling I've got?
2. When I stop playing games for good, what interests could I take up that aren't extremely expensive and are actually useful?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I find it hard trying to word my problem.
>>
>>16774547
As far as the computer goes, this might just be a phase you're going through, or you might just be feeling a bit down and loosing intrest in things for a while. I think you should still build it. It would be a shame to miss out on something you've been looking forward to for so long, and you never know, it might cheer you up a bit. Plus, even if you don't actually play games on it, a powerful pc is never a bad thing to have. No one ever sat at their desk and said "man, I wish this thing took longer to boot up" or "that's a shame, I was really hoping it would crash and loose all my data when I try to open Word and Excel at the same time".

Perhaps go for an interim build, something that will do for now but leaves you with the option to upgrade later if you want to (I just did something similar for my oldest son). Buy the case, psu, and mobo as if you were going to build a top of the line machine. Throw in an i5 4xxx, one 4gb stick of ram, a gtx 750ti, a single 1tb hdd and just use the stock coolers on everything. That'll keep the cost down quite low and give you a reasonable machine for now, and if you decide later on that you want to run an i7 6xxx, a pair of titan z's, 64 gb of ram and three ssd's in raid0 you don't have to start the whole thing over from scratch.

>When I stop playing games for good, what interests could I take up that aren't extremely expensive and are actually useful?
Not all interests have to be useful. Or to put it another way, having fun is useful, because it makes you feel better. Personally I like fishing in my spare time, but it's not for everyone.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.