[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If religion is true ( which I sort of feel it isn't) can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: World-religion-day-main.jpg (41KB, 560x220px) Image search: [Google]
World-religion-day-main.jpg
41KB, 560x220px
If religion is true ( which I sort of feel it isn't) can you make amends for anything you did in life? Say that ur did something terrible but you regret every part of it , can you apologize for it? Or in the bible are there any acts that get you sent straight to hell?
>>
>>16774196

Go on a Crusade and recover Jerusalem from the Mohammedans, or die trying. Boom, plenary indulgence.
>>
>>16774212
Uhhh
>>
>>16774196
Church doctrine says that there are certain sins that send you straight to hell, but for everything else, if you are truly repentant to the depths of your very soul, you will be saved, but what you certainly are NOT is absolved from worldly consequences of your actions. God will know you as a friend at your death, but we humans can't tell if you're a liar so we punish crimes no matter how repentant you act.
>>
Depends on the religion. In protestant Christianity, you go to Hell by default, which is why you need to be saved through intervention by God -- that is, you need to accept Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, that he is the son of God, etc.

Then it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you don't lose faith. You can rape and then murder an orphanage full of children and the nuns that take care of them if you want. (I'm not exactly certain how you'd justify it, considering that "one who loves God will obey his laws", but whatever, apparently if you repent after it's all fine.).

There is the "unforgivable sin" but theologians are divided on what this is. At worst, though, it's denying God's existence, the legitimacy of Jesus's sacrifice on the cross, or some other extremely key point of Christianity.

In Islam, you don't really have a guarantee of going to heaven even if you have faith, but you sure as fuck are going to hell if you don't worship Allah and his commandments in the Qur'an.

Jews don't really have a refined afterlife; Satanists don't really believe in an afterlife (specifically LaVeyan Satanists); Wiccans are fairly divided because Wicca is a clusterfuck of pagan and abrahamic practices.

There was an atheist philosopher who said that there was a 100% certainty of a positive afterlife, but I forget his name.
>>
>>16774221
So say someone did something to a toddler , according to you it will be forgiven?
>>
>>16774236
Yes. But you have to truly repent from your, uh, wicked ways and at least do your best to never do that shit again.

>pretty sure God isn't a fan of child rape either
>>
>>16774240
Is it rape if you just felt their chest while masturbating ?
>>
>>16774248
...it's molestation, anyway.

Doing that again is a bad plan. I mean, doing it in the first place was a bad plan, but doing it *twice* is worse.

There are plenty of pedophiles who don't rape people (and plenty of child molesters who aren't pedophiles -- I don't know exactly how that works but it is a thing.).

Over 90% of child molesters are also attracted to adults. Seriously, just diddle with adults. At least they can consent.

Here's an interesting study on pedophilia, though it isn't particularly relevant: http://www.williamapercy.com/wiki/images/Navigating_the_stigma_of_pedophilia.pdf
>>
In most faiths with a doctrine of repentance, it is not as easy as just apologizing. One must fully accept that they did something wrong, that they should not have done it, do whatever is possible to make things right, and take pains to avoid doing it again.

The first two of these can be the hardest. Accepting the weight of one's own sin can very easily become a Hell of your own making, especially if we're talking about something serious. Doubly so if it's something we did often, and must now accept that we should never have done it at all. If there is no way to set things right, then it becomes even more brutal, as setting things right is one of the major ways we can heal from the sometimes-traumatic realization that we have done wrong. And avoiding doing it again may require major life changes -perhaps even completely reinventing yourself- but that doesn't excuse you from doing it. The point if not to balance the books (which is often frankly not possible), but to bring about change in the sinner: to remove the possibility that it can happen again, at least in one person.

Criticism of the doctrine of repentance often centers around the idea that repentance is quick and easy. To be fair, many of the doctrine's staunchest adherents also labor under this misconception, even going so far as to use it as a selling point. Both are wrong. Repentance is laborious and brutal, and sometimes lifelong. It is not for the fainthearted, nor for those seeking the easy way out. It does not save you from Hell altogether: it may remove it from the next life, but only by shifting it to this one. And if you did not believe in Hell in the first place, as some faiths do not, then repentance will bring it right to your doorstep. It is only a way out, not a way around: an exit, not a bypass.
>>
>>16774196
You should be worried about the parents finding out and your life being ruined, not about religion bullshit you don't even believe in you fucked up pedo
>>
>>16774196
You can repent. Apologizing and regret isnt enough. If you truly cared make sure to guide everyone else on the right path so that no one else makes your mistake.
Being gay will send you to the fires no matter what though.
>>
Religion is a personal journey and is meant for your personal spiritual wellbeing. That being said, the only ones that have to be apologized to and forgive you are yourself and god, they are partly one and the same. Apologizing to yourself is the most difficult, as sometimes you will fail the goals you have set yourself or act unlike how you'd like to act. All these things can be forgiven but it is no easy path to sincerity in this matter. It all comes back to a realization I'm where you fit in the grand scheme of life - that you are both the least significant and the most significant thing in the universe simultaneously.
>>
>if religion is true
Which religion? This question doesn't even make sense.
>Or in the bible are there any acts that get you sent straight to hell?
No
>>
>>16774212
my sides, take them to jerusalem with you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.