[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

type two diabetes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1323665608062.jpg (279KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1323665608062.jpg
279KB, 1600x1200px
Hey /adv/, so I don't really know who or where to ask about this sort of thing but I'm hoping maybe there's some people here who will be able to give me some advice on this. Basically, my father just got diagnosed with type two diabetes. He's pretty overweight, eats junk all the time (like soda and potato chips), and right now is completely sedentary as he currently doesn't have a job. (He had to quit his job because he also had extremely severe migraines and they were so bad he simply couldn't function in a work environment).

Admittedly I don't know anything really about type two diabetes but I'm really concerned about his lifestyle since I seriously doubt being fat, eating junk, and doing nothing is going to help his condition at all. I mean, living like that will make it worse, won't it?

So, I guess what I'm looking for here is:
1) resources online I could show my dad that explain how to help manage diabetes with lifestyle changes and how to go about making such change
2) personal experiences of anyone with type two diabetes
3) a basic explanation of type two diabetes and the modern treatments for it
4) basically anything I could do to help my dad with this
5) anything else you guys might find helpful
I'm just like, extremely worried about this. Like I mean obviously I don't want my dad dying really early because he wasn't taking care of his health while having this condition or like, having to get toes or feet or fucking legs amputated (I've known people that has happened to) or whatever horrible shit diabetes can cause. Fuck. I dunno.
I'm just fucking incredibly fucking anxious and worried and concerned and ugh.

(1/2)
>>
I'm sorry in advance if this was rambly or didn't make sense or something but between the anxiety and sleep deprivation (I only had 3 hours sleep last night) I'm having more difficulty than normal wording things and explaining and yeah, but I hope you guys get what I'm talking about here.
Also sorry this was so long.

Oh, and since this had to do with healthcare I figure it may be useful for me to mention that I live in canada and not the united states.

Thank you in advance for any responses.

(2/2)
>>
>>16772457
I dunno man, maybe get off your ass and go to the hospital?
>>
>>16772475
Huh? He has a doctor, who diagnosed him. There is no sort of emergency going on here. So I'm confused, why a hospital? I'm looking for information and personal experiences than anything else, so that I'll be better able to help my dad deal with this going forwards.
>>
>>16772504
Sounds like it's already under control, consult with your doctor
>>
>>16772510
>1) resources online I could show my dad that explain how to help manage diabetes with lifestyle changes and how to go about making such change
>2) personal experiences of anyone with type two diabetes
>3) a basic explanation of type two diabetes and the modern treatments for it
>4) basically anything I could do to help my dad with this
>5) anything else you guys might find helpful
Were these dumb things to ask here? I just thought you guys might be able to give me some information/advice on the above. I dunno. Ugh, sorry if I was being dumb by posting this.
>>
>>16772457
>1) resources online I could show my dad that explain how to help manage diabetes with lifestyle changes and how to go about making such change
>3) a basic explanation of type two diabetes and the modern treatments for it
>4) basically anything I could do to help my dad with this
>5) anything else you guys might find helpful
google

I won't give advice on how to approach the subject with him because I know nothing of his personality. Generally, you'll either have to call an intervention on him or go the sneaky route and keep subtly nagging him till it sinks in.
>>
>>16772530
>Were these dumb things to ask here?

not really, that person just lacks reading comprehension
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.