Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
type two diabetes
2016-02-05 19:58:33 Post No. 16772457
type two diabetes
Post No. 16772457
Hey /adv/, so I don't really know who or where to ask about this sort of thing but I'm hoping maybe there's some people here who will be able to give me some advice on this. Basically, my father just got diagnosed with type two diabetes. He's pretty overweight, eats junk all the time (like soda and potato chips), and right now is completely sedentary as he currently doesn't have a job. (He had to quit his job because he also had extremely severe migraines and they were so bad he simply couldn't function in a work environment).
Admittedly I don't know anything really about type two diabetes but I'm really concerned about his lifestyle since I seriously doubt being fat, eating junk, and doing nothing is going to help his condition at all. I mean, living like that will make it worse, won't it?
So, I guess what I'm looking for here is:
1) resources online I could show my dad that explain how to help manage diabetes with lifestyle changes and how to go about making such change
2) personal experiences of anyone with type two diabetes
3) a basic explanation of type two diabetes and the modern treatments for it
4) basically anything I could do to help my dad with this
5) anything else you guys might find helpful
I'm just like, extremely worried about this. Like I mean obviously I don't want my dad dying really early because he wasn't taking care of his health while having this condition or like, having to get toes or feet or fucking legs amputated (I've known people that has happened to) or whatever horrible shit diabetes can cause. Fuck. I dunno.
I'm just fucking incredibly fucking anxious and worried and concerned and ugh.