[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asking out coworker over linkedin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1447777023238.jpg (214KB, 994x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1447777023238.jpg
214KB, 994x1600px
Should I ask out my coworker who I added on Linkedin? In short, there is no way possible for me to ask her out in person due to where we work at the job and rules at the job. And she is way prettier than any girl I've talked to on dating sites in my city.

>she could say yes, and then we date and it could be great, and maybe we actually have a lot in common
>but we could break up down the road
>or, maybe I will find her boring and have nothing in common despite her being pretty

Thoughts? It could work out great and she could say yes. I'm not worried about her rejecting me asking her out. That would take a great weight off my chest. I'm more worried of entering a relationship and then it not working out and then it being awkward at work. I only communicate with her over email at work mostly now, but maybe in the future I will be promoted and work more with her in person. But she is seriously my ideal in terms of looks, she brightens my day at this boring job!
>>
u want to ask her out via linkedin?

that's pretty fucking lame. why don't u try and have an actual face to face relationship with her first before asking her out. What are u afraid? Can only do it behind the screen?
>>
>>16771874
No, its that there literally is no way I can ask her out at work. I wanted to keep it simple in my OP and by saying that asking her out in person is impossible, but I guess I have to explain it to you:

I would get in trouble for going to the part of the building she works at without any specific reason for needing to go there, and I am not going to be going there any time soon unless I'm promoted.

So no, its not a matter of being afraid of asking her out in person. I have asked girls out in person before, dated a random girl at a coffee shop I asked out for 2 years.
>>
I was thinking of the messaging being:

Hey Anonette,
Working at [our company], we don't really get much of a chance to talk---so I was wondering if you would like to get coffee some time?
>>
>>16771866
Does she know you exist? If so, get her phone number and call her. Or catch her outside the building (bus stop?) before or after work.

If she doesn't know you, she's certainly not going to accept a date from some Linkedin entry.

In any case it is FAR better to do it in person, and at least a little better to do it by phone (voice, not text), with onlione a distant last.
>>
>>16771940
We work opposite shifts (I work nights, she works mornings/days) and in different departments. She sat at the computer next to me to cover someone who was out sick for 2 weeks and we talked a little bit before her shift ended (talking really is against the rules where I work). I found it easy to make her smile and laugh while talking to her, but we didn't exchange more than a few random sentences, mostly work related or me making jokes about stuff happening at work.

I suppose I could try to wait until I catch her in the hallway or staircase, but I haven't had that chance once so far due to our schedule differences. I don't have her number, and she only has a linkedin (no facebook).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.