[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Date a girl for years > Be head over heels in love >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1454625119907.jpg (43KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454625119907.jpg
43KB, 614x960px
> Date a girl for years
> Be head over heels in love
> Be convinced that she's the one
> Have plans to marry her, have kids with her
> Suddenly she begins drifting away
> Breaks up with me
> Try talking to her a few months later, she says she feels nothing at all for me anymore
> Fall into deep depression for two years
> Desperately try to get my life back together over the course of the next year
> Think I'm finally doing better
> Then one night, have stupid dream where I'm back together with her
> Not only are we back together but we've grown old together and are showing pictures of our life to our grandkids
> Wake up sobbing, feel empty and horrible and alone

Does this ever fucking end /adv/ or is the only way out a fucking bullet to the head

I'm so tired of being depressed and I want this to end
>>
Have you been with any other girls since? You need to find a way to distract yourself from this.
>>
>>16771745

Yeah, I was, I thought it would help

It didn't really

Not with anyone now
>>
I know this... only Real cure is finding someone who will adore you and health your wound, no fucking buddy, but someone who really loves you
>>
>>16771734
Actually no, the dreams won't end. Even after you hook up with someone else and think you've moved on she will still creep back into your dream world.
>>
>>16771734
I think the problem is that you're a bit blind to reality, mate. You see, you have managed to convince yourself that you'll never do better than this girl and that this girl is perfection incarnate. You couldn't be more wrong.

Perhaps some other anon will be able to explain it to you but I assure you that it's all in your head.
>>
>>16771761

And what if you just plain don't find someone like that

>>16771766

Great
>>
>>16771773

That's making some pretty huge assumptions there

I don't think this girl was perfect, I never did, even while I was dating her

I even think on a rational level that she wasn't very good for me and in the end didn't really deserve me

Doesn't seem to have much impact on how I feel
>>
>>16771775
Then what's up? If my theory is wrong, then what other void do you feel?

I'm trying to say that with what I said before it made sense that you felt like that but your reply makes me think that maybe the problem is elsewhere as opposed to not having moved on fron this girl?
>>
>>16771790

I don't know man I fell into a depression after breaking up with her, recovered and then felt depressed again after having a dream about her, I think my problem is her, not anything else
>>
>>16771774
The guy who told you she'll haunt you is just wrong, it will stop, don't worry
Well you still can find someone, just keep looking, it worked out for me the same way
>>
>>16771734

>Have plans to marry her, have kids with her

herein lies your problem

>marry her, have kids

those are women dreams. you're a woman OP.
>>
>>16771850

Yeah totally man guys don't want kids or anything they don't want someone loyal that they love hah that shit's for pussies amirite let's touch dicks or something no homo lol
>>
Hey OP, are you me by any chance?
>>
>>16771836
I had a similar breakup with a girl. We'd dated for about 4 years and both had plans, but long story short, she wasn't sure how she felt. We both kind of mutually ended things; she wanted to because she thought she might not have feelings for me anymore, I wanted to because I didn't want to the same place you're in right now, OP.

There was a different girl I'd met and sort of "fell for" about a year beforehand, and I thought she might have felt the same about me, but I kind of just stopped talking to her once I met the breakup girl. Met up with this girl shortly after the breakup, and we met up. Long story short again, she had the same feelings as I did, and we started dating.

After a couple of months, things were literally picture perfect, except for one thing: I wasn't really over the breakup girl. I couldn't get her or our plans out of my head. I spent so long thinking she was the one, I just couldn't get over it. So I broke up with the new "perfect" girl and tried to rekindle things with the breakup girl. Got back together with breakup girl, and now things seem to be up and we sort of figured out what our problems were.

Unfortunately, the other girl seems to now be in your position. Even though we only dated briefly, she made her plans in her head, fell head over heels, blah blah blah. Feels bad because I sort of did the same with her, but I couldn't really continue with them.

The girl was already thin, but now she's under 90lbs (about 5'5''), constantly crying, texts and calls me from time to time to try to convince me, and just can't get over it.

I'm not sure what the cure is exactly, but I'll tell you the same I wish I could tell her: find something that means a lot to you. Another person, a hobby, a distracting job, just something. Filling a void, I guess, is how some people would put it, but I think I'd rather just call it moving on.
>>
holy shit you are a woman, you just sound like my fucking ex.
just try with someone else, try to be fair with that person about love.
>>
>>16771734
That's the way women are programmed op. They are heartless monsters that exist to deceive and take advantage of you.
>>
>>16771734
Well, suicide isn't the anwser
>>
Honestly, I had a good relationship for a couple years. It's hard to keep a girl feeling the same for you for years, and it's hard to feel the same for them.
Just don't get into long term relationships. They are a pipe dream that fucks up one way or the other.
>>
just try to distract yourself with other things like hobbies; if that doesn't help, try to write down your feelings on a piece of paper and then scrunch it up and throw it in the bin.
>>
>>16771734
Look anon, I was you a year and a half ago.
I dated my best friend for 5 years, I loved her, and she cheated on me for 9 months, left me, and had a new, unrelated guy the next week.
It hurt for a long time, and it affected my health. It felt like I'd never get over it. But I did.
The important thing is to not trick yourself into thinking she's perfect, or irreplaceable, or the soul reason to go on living. You can't all your eggs into one basket, and you can't bet your whole life on a girl, no matter how much you love/loved her; and that goes for future relationships too.
Don't seclude yourself, don't stop living your life, don't sit on your ass and think about what was or could have been. You have to get out and find ways to occupy yourself. Try things you wouldn't normally do, even if it doesn't end up being your thing. Travel broadens the mind and new things put old things into perspective. A year later, I'm happier than I ever have been.
It's not easy, and it's a long process. But it absolutely gets better.
>>
Thanks I suppose but I've tried pretty much everything in this thread really

I guess I'm just getting desperate, it felt so fucking horrible waking up after that and I am just so fucking tired of being sad and depressed, it just seemed so unfair to have really been trying to claw my way out of it and thinking I succeeded and then having that stupid dream that left me feeling worse than ever

I don't know hopefully it just doesn't happen again
>>
>>16771734
let's put it in perspective anon, this bitch doesn't give a shit about you. Why do you care about a girl who would do this? not only that but you allowed yourself to fall into severe depression once again BECAUSE OF A DREAM. NOT "I HAVE A DREAM AND ONE DAY WE'LL LIVE ON ANOTHER PLANET" an actual I went to sleep my brain made up some shit to pass the time and then started crying over it.

Just chill out keep things in perspective, women aren't really that great and there's plenty of them out there. Work on yourself. I constantly trying to get better at math in my free time, there's so much stuff to do. if you want pussy that bad go out and get some.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.