[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ I'm 35 years old, never gotten high. Recommend how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

/adv/ I'm 35 years old, never gotten high. Recommend how to have first drug experience. Really not interested in weed.
>>
File: op-here_00346351.jpg (196KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
op-here_00346351.jpg
196KB, 1024x768px
Try shrooms.
>>
Erowid dot com might help answer some questions, OP.

I have wanted to do shrooms forever also but I have no idea how to come about them or know their potency once i do.
>>
for shrooms take a holiday to either Brazil or the Netherlands.
>>
File: psilocybin_3d.jpg (30KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
psilocybin_3d.jpg
30KB, 600x500px
Aw man, somebody beat me to it...
>>
>>16771061

I'm not sure I really want to do psychedelics. Friends' bad-trip stories don't make it very appealing. Might be overestimating the danger, but it seems like a lot of people I know had bad experiences their first time.
>>
>>16771030
What are you looking for from the high, OP?
Do you want something to make you want to dance and party? Something to make you emotionally connect to people you care about? Something to have awesome sex on? Something to have a spiritual/inner journey of self-discovery?
You should go in with some intents and purposes, not just "lets melt face on __"
I would recommend wildly different drugs for different situations and aims...
>>
>>16771084
psychedelics make great first drugs because they are inherently un-abusable..not so much that you cannot take abusive quantities of them, but IF you do, not only will you not die (like alcohol and most other drugs will kill you if you do this) BUT they will abuse you right back.
Your friends reporting "bad" trips probably took wayyy too much. Unfortunately, most people take too many shrooms the first time they do it, I know I did. Kindof this strange superstitious feeling that they won't work or something. My advice is ALWAYS start slow, don't take more than a gram your first time, even if you don't feel anything different its not the worst thing to have to try again another day with slightly more
>>
>>16771090

Yeah, good point. I guess I'd like to do one or more of the following: feel physically good, be more energetic/productive (especially for art), feel more outgoing/less filtered, see the world through slightly different eyes. I don't really know because I've never done any drugs, if you see what I mean.
>>
Psychedelics are not good for first-time drugs.
People who take acid/shrooms as their first drug usually have almost no control on their first trip.
>>
>>16771103
Adderal probably. You just described Adderal basically.

Careful, though. Shit is addictive.
>>
>>16771103
>feel physically good
>be more energetic/productive
>feel more outgoing/less filtered
Stimulants do that (coke, meth, adderall), but all of them are addictive, so unless you have good self-control, better try something else.
>>
>>16771110

Hey, that shouldn't even be too hard to get. How to avoid addiction? It's easy for me to say "well I'll just do it once" now, when I've never tried it...
>>
>>16771116

I'm pretty good at saying "never" but terrible at saying "rarely", if you see what I mean. I fucking love meat but I've been a vegetarian for 9 years because it's easy to say no if no is always the answer. Before that I tried to "cut down" and just always ended up eating meat anyway. So: not worth the risk?
>>
>>16771103
Based on that kind of criteria, I would say either stimulants (adderal/coke) or even mild depressants (kratom, GHB, ketamine) which have a stimulant effect, especially initially and at lower dosages (like alcohol does).
All of these are addictive to some extent (though not brutally so if you place boundaries on your use), and you should definitely do your research on erowid before trying it (at a minimum you should find out dosage, approximate timeline and plan in case of any issues). Be sure to have a well-stoked chill spot with lots of food, games/art supplies/music, some fun things to do, ideally a good walk or place you could go adventuring (if you feel up to it once you are high, not before) and be sure to note time of ingestion and quantity as these facts will be helpful to you later. Having some company is also fun and safer, depending on your personality
>>
>>16771117
Don't do it multiple days in a row for sure.
Once a week is even a lot.
In fact, avoid doing it in certain situations/circumstances. i.e. doing it on the weekend or when you get days off. That's usually how addiction starts. You learn to associate these circumstances with the drug and you start to crave it.

Don't buy more than one or two doses at once if you're really worried about it. That is, if you're buying it illegally.

I'd say 30mg is a really good dose. Depending on your weight. that's how much I used to do when i started.

and bear in mind, you will not be able to sleep for quite some time after taking it. Take it as early as possible (right when you wake up if you can).
>>
>>16771118
>>16771117
If you want to avoid getting addicted to stimulants:

Don't binge too hard.
Don't use it when depressed.
Don't use it as an escape from life problems.

One session every month or 3 weeks is fine as long as you can commit to it. I mean, like, not letting "3 weeks" turn into "2 weeks". Because it will only get shorter and shorter.
>>
>>16771118
The thing about addiction is it doesn't happen when you're worrying about it. It happens when you stop worrying, if that makes sense. Basically even if you drugs for a week strait you're not necessarily going to be a lifelong addict....but I would set definite limits, to see if you can keep them. So, for instance, make a plan to do adderal a maximum of once a week, say. If you notice you're not sticking to that plan and you start doing it every day in increasing quantities, well then you ruined your fun and its time to quit permanently. There's no withdrawl to worry about unless you let this kind of daily use go on for months, so just keep on eye on yourself. Pretty much like you did with meat really, I mean you tried cutting back, it didn't work so you quit. That sounds reasonable and smart to me, and the exact same logic can be applied to drug use.
>>
>>16771130
>>16771129

This is good, helpful stuff, guys. I have an art studio, and it's not far from a good park/wandering area if I wanted to get out and about. Should I not ride my bike, though?

I'm 5'9", 140 pounds. But I'll definitely look up dosages and stuff before I do anything.
>>
>>16771130
I would NOT start with 30...try 10, and an hour later take another 10 or 20 if you want to be higher. You can always take more, and everyone's tolerance is different and hard to predict
>>
>>16771138
>Don't binge too hard.
>Don't use it when depressed.
>Don't use it as an escape from life problems.
This is fantastic advice. Drug use should be a fun reward and a something that enhances life, not an escape from it
>>16771143
Depends on the drug. Treat downers like alcohol, meaning no bike riding on even medium doses. I'd probably stay away from operating any machinery on high doses of anything, but at low levels stimulants imay make you a safer driver if anything (pretty much like coffee)
>>
>>16771139

I didn't even think about it (drugs/meat analogy) before, that's a good point.

>>16771158

Thanks, got it. Yeah, this has been a fine hour for /adv/ in general, I guess when it's not relationship questions everything goes better.
>>
>>16771118

If you're looking to minimize risk as your number one absolute priority then don't do drugs. If you're looking to live a little, take some risks, have some fun, then yeah take a drug. Take several drugs. Take a few grams of shrooms, you'll learn a thing about yourself.
>>
>>16771030
Methamphetamine. It'll fuck you right up.
>>
>>16771100
>Your friends reporting "bad" trips probably took wayyy too much.

Set and setting matter more than dose.

Psycheldics are the dark souls of drugs. They are fun, but you can get destroyed.

Stims and downers are the MMOs. Fun, but you will get addicted.

OP needs to smoke weed. Easy to get, won't warp his mind like shrooms, nor get hooked like uppers and downers.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.