[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

overcoming nervousness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: BEACH_WAVE_BLOG.png (518KB, 460x624px) Image search: [Google]
BEACH_WAVE_BLOG.png
518KB, 460x624px
So I have to appear in court in a few days to face my abuser. Its a good thing except just thinking about it makes me physically ill. I start shaking like a scared Chihuahua or how people jerk and shiver from intense cold. I'm worried that in court I'll appear crazy. What can I do? I'm already taking anti anxiety meds.
>>
>>16769015

>im worried ill appear crazy

assuming you are female why worry? crazy will only speak to how intense the abuse was
>>
>>16769018
Maybe. Bit incoherent and scattered can also work to their advantage. It's just a weird feeling, being so worked up mentally that I'm not in control of my body. The room gets bright and it takes a glass of wine to calm me down but I can't show up with alcohol on my breath.
>>
File: 1454633328699-4.jpg (235KB, 710x900px) Image search: [Google]
1454633328699-4.jpg
235KB, 710x900px
I hear pic related is a pretty damn good resource to check out.
>>
Rehearse how you'll answer the likely questions. Pay special attention to the likely cheap shots and low blows: the things only you and your abuser (and your abuser's lawyer) are likely to know about, Make peace with your dirtiest secrets being aired -because they WILL be, if your abuser's lawyer thinks that might be advantageous- and you will be all right.
>>
Can we get some information on what happened, since its about to be made public anyway?
>>
>>16769015
can you request for a therapy dog to appear with you in court? I've heard that this helps a bit
>>
File: andy.jpg (133KB, 615x818px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
133KB, 615x818px
>>16769015
>I'm already taking anti anxiety meds.
poison

meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeCXhXDkzpw
http://marc.ucla.edu/mpeg/Hammer032615.mp3
>>
>>16770090
This

>>16769030
Drink a glass of water beforehand and try to breathe slowly.
>>
Also good luck OP, stay strong
>>
>>16769015
If the abuse was ongoing, chances are that you ARE a little crazy (I know I am for putting up with that shit). Just tell the absolute truth the simplest way you can, don't contradict yourself and don't exaggerate or get all dramatic as this will discredit you. No matter what happens, the important part is that you are safe. Make sure it stays that way.
>>
this so far is best advice
>>16770090

I would guess they'll try to make you out to be a liar
>>
Bumping because I'm in the same boat and will be in court in just over a week.
>>
>>16770027
Fuck off
>>
If it's short term there isn't a lot you can do except to do breathing exercises to help yourself calm down.

Maybe you can start some exposure therapy (which in a way seeing this person in court already is) but it probably wouldn't have too much of an effect in 3 days.

If you feel like you're panicking on the day, take your time and concentrate on breathing for a bit.

People won't think you're crazy if you seem scared or nervous.

I hope you feel better.
>>
>>16769015
In most jurisdictions you will be allowed to testify from behind a curtain or by video link from another room. Ask your lawyer or your contact with the prosecutors office.
>>
I'm this anon >>16771383 but I just remembered a breathing technique I sometimes use (when I remember) if I'm about to have/having a panic attack:
>breathe in deep, through your nose, for 3 counts
>hold for 4
>breathe out, through your mouth, for 2
>repeat until calm

I also use this to help me fall asleep, if I'm out and something triggers my anxiety, etc.

It works every time, and it may not work for you but it's worth trying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.