[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >BMI circa 30, 1.7m so quite short but not tragically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fat pepe.png (60KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
fat pepe.png
60KB, 500x407px
>Be me
>BMI circa 30, 1.7m so quite short but not tragically so
>It's 5'8'' for those still living in middle ages
>Been this fat since preschool
>Studying at Uni now, living away from my parents about 90 minutes drive away
>Coming back every other weekend or so for money and homemade food
>I'm the only child, so my parents are wayyyy to much overprotecting, thinking they know is good for me better than myself
>I'M A GROWN UP MAN, HELLO!
>Told them I want to lose weight (I've tried like dozen times in my life, but this time it's serious)
>"Sure Anon, go for it"
>Asked them not to buy any sweets cause if there are any in the house I will eat them within 24 hours
>For two weeks I was counting calories, going for walks etc. and lost 1kg
>Came back home, sweets, snacks and sodas were waiting for me
>Gained back everything I lost
>Two weeks later same story, but this time I got angry and yelled at them
>Lost shitload of GBP, but I'll manage

I know that my weak willpower is the problem, but there wouldn't be any in the first place if they didn't buy this sugary crap. I won't ever buy those things for myself, but if there are sweets in the house I cannot help myself. How do I convince them to stop buying those things? I mean talked with them a lot about it and they just don't get it, being nice doesn't work. Do they really love to waste their money on it or what? They don't eat it themselves, so WTF? Is not coming back home until Easter the only way I can lose weight?
>>
>>16767908
P.S. They are fat as well, but not cause they eat a lot, but because they are couch potatoes that except for short walks with our dog have not exercise whatsoever. They don't eat sugary crap except for cakes and things like that with their afternoon coffee.
>>
they may love you unconditionally, but to ask old people to change their lifestyle for you is kinda selfish, so you're gonna have to have more willpower.
If you can't restrain yourself from eating, go for a run 3 times a week and you'll lose weight in no time.
>>
>>16767908

My parents always have a ton of snacks and candy in their house, and always have.

I'm just not a fat fuck like you.
I don't think you want to lose weight. If you did, you'd not over eat. Simple as that.
>>
>>16767908
Most important part. Cardio/Sport/Physical Activity daily and cut out snacks, sweets and soft drinks. There is literally no way around this, if you want to lose weight and gain health.
Intermitted fasting is maybe an option for you. Just eat two meals a day (maybe both with your parents at the weekend) and be active so you dont get the urge to snack.
>>
>>16767908

Man the fuck up. You're an only "child" with loving parents, is all. Losing weight is a change in life style - if you can't control yourself because ma and pa bought candy, any other temptation you'll get the better of you.
>>
>>16767908
>but there wouldn't be any in the first place if they didn't buy this sugary crap.
You simply have to take the responsibility here. You're the one who wants to change his life, not them. You can't expect them to give up the things they like for you.

This is coming from someone who went paleo 7 months ago and has lost nearly 75 pounds. I know what I'm talking about. I went through the exact same thing, and I ended up cheating a bunch in the beginning because every time I went home there was junk food everywhere. If its something you actually want, you need to be strong and just focus on the end goal.
>>
File: 1444399972656-1.jpg (53KB, 210x289px) Image search: [Google]
1444399972656-1.jpg
53KB, 210x289px
>>16767908
I was about 125kg a year ago but I'm down to 100kg just from walking at least 5 kilometers a day.I feel better and look better just takes some work.

Everytime you get an urge for sweets eat a banana or orange and go for a walk, youll seriously feel so much happier. Put in the work and it'll happen to you bro.
>>
OP here, thanks for comments.

I think you might be right, I should try harder and develop more willpower. I think part of the problem was that I considered losing weight more New Year resolution than some kind of goal with a purpose so now wonder I cheated when opportunity arose. I need to rethink this and find new motivation, strong enough that I won't give up easily.

>>16768028
I was running a lot last summer and lost no weight, although my fitness improved a lot (I was able to run 10K in under 1h) and I will run again once it gets warm enough in here.

>>16768037
If so it means I don't want to lose weight subconsciously, which is hard to help.

>>16768043
Thanks for advice, but I don't really want to over-complicate things with diets. Eating less snacks and going for a walks works for me just fine.

>>16768052
I will, sir! I shall man the fuck up!

>>16768055
>>16768069
Thanks for your stories, appreciate that! Hope in half a year I will success story to share too.
>>
>>16767908
It's hard to hear this bro but your parents don't owe it to you to not buy sweeties. It's you who's gotta be strong and not eat them. Temptation is gonna exist all your life, better learn to resist it now.

On the other hand, if they actively push you into eating crap - well then you can get angry.
>>
>>16768110
>Thanks for your stories, appreciate that! Hope in half a year I will success story to share too.
Good luck, stay focused, stay strong.
>>
>>16768115
>On the other hand, if they actively push you into eating crap - well then you can get angry.
This.

They don't have to change for you, but they absolutely should respect what you are trying to do.
>>
>>16767908
Give them alternatives to pick up for you, like fresh fruits and vegetables. Ask that they replace the items they normally buy with these better items. That way they are still "stocking up" for your visit, which parents love to do.
>>
>>16767908
Are you some kind of dog?

Someone puts a platter of food in front you and you automatically eat it?

Get some discipline. You can go home and eat home cook meals and NOT eat the bad parts. idiot.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.