[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's say you're waiting for the class to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1445433930880.png (112KB, 297x282px) Image search: [Google]
1445433930880.png
112KB, 297x282px
So let's say you're waiting for the class to start with your classmates, but you don't know anyone, because you're new to this university. Everyone is talking to each other, and you're standing nearby, looking at the floor/wall/ceiling.

Is it inappropriate to do so? How does a normal human being behave when they're in a situation like this? Others have told me that I should look at my classmates, but wouldn't that come off as staring, and therefore be considered rude?
>>
just make small talk you fucking autist
>>
I am same so will follow. I honestly don't give a fuck and hate small talk. People are boring and full of themselves and I don't have the energy to fuel that. It does make me feel lonely in the long term, though.
>>
>>16765112
hint: you do give a lot of fucks
>>
just go to your fucking class who the fuck cares if you don't talk to anyone?

in my experience, paradoxically, this kind of attitude maximizes the chance of a spontaneous conversation about whatever.

>>16765127

have to second this. Don't excuse yourself by blaming others for being "boring and full of themselves". It makes you sound boring and full of yourself.
>>
>>16765142
But isn't it considered strange to just look at the wall? Where do normal people look in such situations?
>>
>>16765150
their phones probably
>>
I normally keep to myself in situations like this. I make an effort to talk to people I sit next to in class though
>>
>>16765087
I have three courses this semester with people are really tight and who'm I never connected with because I'm also working on an ATPL.

Just focus on being super prepared for each session. If you get paired in groups you want them to know you're better than them so they spread the news.
>>
>>16765087

I have good news: nobody really gives a fuck.

Seriously. They have their own lives which are far more interesting to them than some dipshit they don't know looking at the wall.
>>
>>16765150
>>16765150

also "normal" people...we're ghosts driving a meat covered skeleton on a rock floating through space leeching energy of a huge floating fusion reactor.

I mean if you don't consider yourself to be weird by now you haven't been paying attention.

Everyone's scared, no one knows what's going on and "normal" is always relative. I've been considered weird myself for years and you kind of get used to it, and after that you get to enjoy whatever weird stuff you like to do without giving a shit about what other people think. I think in the end "normal" people miss out on a lot of that open-minded creativity. Just trying stuff and really, genuinely being passionate about something.

If people really think you're weird remember that's just a projection of their own fears, shames and worries. But even then, you'd be surprised to know...most of the time no one really gives a crap about you. I sometimes consider people who are afraid of being weird or paranoid people as kind of arrogant. Like everyone is watching you all the time. You're not that interesting. No offense, meant in a positive manner. 90% of the time it's just in your head. It's not what they think, it's what YOU think they are thinking. The shame/embarrasment is self generated.

Hope this helps
>>
>>16765207

beautiful anon
>>
>>16765220

Thank you anon <3
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.