[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do i have schizofrenia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: auditory_hallucin.png (146KB, 311x227px) Image search: [Google]
auditory_hallucin.png
146KB, 311x227px
ok so i tried to talk about this on r9k but i got shunned so im here for some /adv/

i have struggled with my mental health for a couple of years now however recently i have been experiencing auditory hallucinations which i thought to be caused by anxiety but i now believe it may be schizofrenia... but i may be wrong.

i live in council house and while i have carpet fitted the family living under me do not. this means that i can hear their conversations somewhat but they can't hear me. for a couple of months i thought they were just mean people and were talking about me all the time however even when wearing headphones i could still hear them. the things i hear them say are extremely personal as if they know what makes me feel bad. now it has got to the point where i am doubting the reality of it all and am considering asking my doctor for some antipsychotic medication.

does anyone have experience with schizofrenia? does this sound like it?

>over the past three years i smoked weed every single day sometimes in my flat, thinking this may be why they hate me so much but im really in a pickle with this

thanks anon x
>>
>>16760840

Hello OP.

Firstly, I am sorry that you have been having such troubling experiences. I am not a mental health professional. However, in my opinion, you sound like you have definitely been experiencing some mental health issues. You should contact your doctor and talk to them about what you have experiencing and get some advice.

Schizophrenia is very manageable once it is diagnosed and handled correctly.

Good luck.
>>
>>16760876

thanks man, told him about my anxiety and he referred me to therapy, really want to work to get my own place and studio equpment though.
>>
Stop smoking so much weed, it can cause anxiety.

I used to smoke and dab daily, it was fine for a while. Now when I get high I get super anxious about my job, future, etc. When I'm sober I feel confident and relaxed.

I only get high if I'm sick, watching horror movies, or having sex with my gf. Otherwise, I don't need it. Only get high if you need to.
>>
>>16760932

yeah man i completely agree, have cut down a lot. only problem is most my friends smoke all the time and sometimes it's hard to say no. also i have one particular friend who i smoke joints with in his garden, i feel really bad about this as it must be so annoying for the other houses, every time i can 'hear' his neighbours talking about us.
>>
>>16760963

Go ahead and smoke with them, but know when to stop.

Take a hit, sit on it for five minutes, then decide if you need another hit.

Most of the time, I can take one hit and be set for the rest of the session. Taking too many hits too fast will cause anxiety after. Only take what you need.

I know it's hard to not finish a whole joint with somebody, but it's perfectly fine to say "I'm good" halfway through the joint.
>>
>>16760984

yeah, another bud has a shed and parents who used to go to raves back in the 80's so they're cool with smoking. sometimes it gets to the point where it's like 2:30 and i can see him rolling another joint...
>>
>>16760876
>Schizophrenia is very manageable once it is diagnosed and handled correctly.

Bullshit. Schizophrenia, after its first psychotic episode, leads to a huge deterioration of intellect, personality, as well as occupational and social abilities. It's one of its defining features.
On average, someone with schizophrenia after their first psychotic episode will end up being borderline cognitively disabled.

Most people with schizophrenia, even after medication, don't work. And even those who do, usually do so rarely, and only part time. This is because deterioration related to schizophrenia is irreversible. You can only manage some symptoms with anti-psychotic medication and therapy, like delusions and hallucinations. However, it's virtually impossible to recover from the downward spiral of deterioration this disease brings on. Some people, after deteriorating, can barely talk. Any goal directed activity becomes close to impossible. Personality gradually disintegrates.
>>
>>16761028

o-ok anon. luckily for me i realised what was happening to me early on.
>>
>>16760840
>i have struggled with my mental health for a couple of years

What were you originally diagnosed with? You can hear voices for many other reasons than schizophrenia. Bipolar disorder, schizo-affective disorder and schizophreniform disorder for example.
>>
>>16761177
Also, even severe depression can cause voices. In fact, it's not that uncommon to have them when one suffers from very severe depression. You should tell your doctor about your symptoms. Only they will be able to properly asses your condition.
>>
>>16761191

the wellbeing service that i was referred to diagnosed me with anxiety and depression however they didn't talk to me about the auditory hallucinations, i mentioned it to them but they didn't go into it.

>can i just say thanks for everyone replying <3
>>
>>16761199

really? i didn't know that. will do man
>>
>>16761219
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychotic_depression

Also, demand them to hand you out your medical records. It's your right.
Mental health professionals love to use vague terms when talking about a more severe mental illness, though. Most don't tell you that you have schizophrenia even if you do, unless explicitly asked. So ask them clearly what mental disorder you have. Depressed mood and anxiety can be products of schizophrenia that they're referring to.
>>
>>16761260

sweet man cheers for that link, also do you know if I will be forced to go to therapy sessions?
>>
>>16760840
Does your other personality know how to spell?
>>
File: skellingtonman.png (401KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
skellingtonman.png
401KB, 800x800px
>>16761402

ahaha no sorry i have dyslexia and forgot to proof read before posting ;)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.