[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ How do I convince my very severely depressed friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: internal screaming vault boy.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
internal screaming vault boy.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
Hey /adv/
How do I convince my very severely depressed friend to start taking antidepressants? I've suggested the idea to her, but she dismisses it because she feels as if antidepressants aren't a "natural" form of happiness. I care a lot about her and I want her to be as happy as possible and I feel as if this is one of the few and only ways she can truly be happy. Thanks in advance
>>
>>16758937
Why do you feel like that's her only option?

Does she have a shrink?
>>
>>16758937
antidepressants are a lot like birth control. You might have to go through a few different types before you find what works for you.

also its not artificial happiness.
Depression can be caused be inherit problems with our brain, and shit like that. Its not unnatural to have physical laments that lead to a decline in mental health.
She's taking medicine to make this ailment help her be at her 100% health.
Mental health is still part of your health. You can physically %100 healthy, but if you're not mentally healthy, you're not wholly 100% healthy.

in other words, she would take flue medicine to cure a flu right? It's no different with anti-depressants.
you're not "naturally" going to cure the flu with your already existing antibodies. you need some new introduced.

she just needs a new fighting technique for her depression, and antidepressants will just be another form that can help.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.