[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ferret proofing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: ferret.jpg (7KB, 261x242px) Image search: [Google]
ferret.jpg
7KB, 261x242px
so i have 3 ferrets and want to let them roam freely throughout my apartment. however i dont no how to ferret proof my frig. or should i just buy a baby gate to keep them out of the kitchen.
>>
File: 1424706965990.jpg (33KB, 337x334px) Image search: [Google]
1424706965990.jpg
33KB, 337x334px
>>16757944
>owning ferrets as pets

those things are vicious cunts.
>>
>>16757944
Have you asked /an/? I feel like they know their shit about baby gates and such.
>>
>>16757944
Ask a pet store or the person you bought them from

fyi it's damn near impossible to ferret proof a house. Little buggers are sneaky as fuck. They WILL damage stuff, it's up to you to make sure they don't damage anything important
>>
>>16757948

They also smell like shit.
>>
File: 20151121_142339.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20151121_142339.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
I breed ferrets and you will seriously need like 4 fucking baby gates stacked on top of eachother, those things will fucking climb over and just freefall and smash their face on the way down and not even give a fuck.

Then they will go berserk with excitement knowing they are now disobeying you.
Their main goal in life is to fuck your shit up any means possible.
You need a DOOR.
Keep em in your bedroom or something, that's what I do.
>>
>>16758052
Ferret breeder here, I second this.

At some point I just gave up getting pens with rubber grips. Had no other option, they just... Kept finding them.
I also can't trust condoms in my house any more, I have to lock them up really high up. They all have punctures through em now.
>>
>>16758396
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

died at this.
Your ferrets are workin for the bitches tryna trap you
>>
Short answer: you can't
Long answer: they can get through tiny crack and can climb up a lot of surfaces. They grab shiny things like jewelry and hoard them away in a secret stash. My advice would be to first and foremost keep your main door and windows/balcony doors shut and locked whenever you're at home. You don't want a disaster. You might also want to get a huge ass cage for 3 ferrets so that they feel more comfortable and free, maybe even consider a huge ass enclosure like a wooden structure with chicken wire that takes up a lot of space in a room, but has several layers and a door and stuff like that. Then keep them in there 99% of the time. Honestly, if you're willing to put in the time, you don't even really need to ferret-proof your whole apartment. Other options could be to let them out but watch them all closely (this would be near impossible), let them out into certain rooms or chains of rooms while blocking off the rest of your abode (i.e. leave the door connecting your bathroom and bedroom open, but close the bedroom door), or to move all valuables into a locked-off room and let them roam everywhere else. In general, keep them out of danger and don't keep them always cooped up all the time, and you're fine. Oh, and do NOT take them outside unless you absolutely need to, and in that case, never all at once.

Source: I've worked with ferrets at a zoo for 2+ years.

>>16758070
You can safely (and legally) have a vet remove one of their two musk glands from the base of their tail. Their smell after the surgery will be noticeable but not awful, only a little musky.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.